Iceland Volcano

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gulf4, Apr 16, 2010.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hmm Iceland's Revenge.

Volcanic activity in Iceland has been linked to the French Revolution (soot and ash reducing sunlight and so reducing grain crops and creating bread shortages) and volcanic activity in Siberia has been credited with at least one major extinction of land animals in the distant past.

Imagine if this went on for a few years. The entire northern hemisphere could have a problem. Brazilian agriculture might be a good hedge lol.

#11     Apr 17, 2010
  2. Wait till Yellowstone blows, the greatest Volcano of all time. BTW, she's about 200,000 years overdue.

Interesting coincedence that this swarm of activity began right after the Cern super collider was turned on. Some scientists theorize that a black hole has been produced and thats its eating a path to the earths core.

Rennick Oppenheimer out:cool:

#12     Apr 18, 2010
  3. Given that I live under the approach path to Heathrow I'm happy for it to keep erupting for weeks. It was bloody lovely being sat out in the garden yesterday afternoon, soaking up the sunshine, without a set of screaming Pratt & Whitneys disturbing the peace every 90 seconds.

#13     Apr 18, 2010
  4. Mercor

Mercor

Short crude. 20,000 flights canceled everyday.

#14     Apr 18, 2010
  5. They should nuke Iceland. Nothing but trouble from these guys.

#15     Apr 18, 2010
  6. ToSubu

ToSubu

Iceland went bankrupt more than a year ago and the world screamed "more Cash..more Cash" at Iceland

Iceland being far away, did not hear well and thought they heard, "...more Ash.." !! and responded !! :)

#16     Apr 18, 2010
  7. jem

jem

very nice.

#17     Apr 18, 2010
  8. jem

jem

plot from a sci fi movie?
    now the hero has to jump back in time a blow up the collider before it is turned on a blame it on a religious group.

jem backstep out.

#18     Apr 18, 2010
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I rather think it is the Rolls Royce engines that are causing your distress. They are notoriously loud (if they manage to run at all). I doubt you would even notice those P&Ws gliding silently above you while you sip wine in your garden. :D

#19     Apr 18, 2010
  10. God Bless Iceland for telling the Brits To Stuff It...

#20     Apr 18, 2010