Ice Melting at North AND South Poles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 2, 2012.

1. wjk

wjk

I haven't ridden since I was in my teens, but I'm looking forward to it!

Well, I'm going to check out for the evening. Have a good weekend. (You too FT, and all the rest:) )

#31     Nov 3, 2012
  2. Maybe wjk can tell us how well this Mother Nature thingee worked out for, say Mercury, Venus, Mars, and a few Billion other planets. Come on, it can't hurt to try to do the right thing for the planet, even if we're counteracting normal, non manmade GW. To fight it based on politics is stupid.

#32     Nov 3, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

Venus? LOL. Volcanos and proximity to the sun. We don't know about Mars. And we don't know shit about the other planets. Nice try.

To fight it based on politics is not the issue. Politicians seizing the issue for political gain is. Again, nice try. Bring it up Mon and I'll be happy to debate it with you. Brush up on your planetary science, first.

Read all my posts in the thread next time before you engage me.

Thanks in advance. Have a good weekend.

#33     Nov 3, 2012
  4. In case you're having trouble with my references, just check the suitability for human life forms on other planets in our solar system. My planetary science is fine, how is your reliance on Mother Nature?

Hey, I'm not saying that all GW is man made, but it does make sense that we, as a people, aren't doing the planet any favors. It does make sense to do things that may help. That's all I'm saying here.

#34     Nov 3, 2012
  5. wjk

wjk

Which are in the sweet spot? Which are gas giants? Which have suitable atmospheres for man? Come on, man. What caused the possible loss of atmosphere on Mars? You are off topic in a big way! How bout addressing the issue of politicians seizing the issue of GW for political gain?

#35     Nov 3, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

What's the temperature on the night side of Mercury?

#36     Nov 3, 2012
  7. Don't you mean ignoring it to avoid political fallout? How about the politicians that are in the back pocket of BIG COAL/OIL, ie nearly all Republicans? Mitt believed in man-made GW before he didn't. What changed his mind?

#37     Nov 3, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

#38     Nov 3, 2012
  9. wjk

wjk

I won't disagree with that point, either. It kind of makes my point about the concerns I have regarding politicians. I don't really know which ones have our best interests at heart as opposed to their own interests.

#39     Nov 3, 2012
  10. wjk

wjk

600 K colder than the side facing the sun. Your point? Venus is of interest because some speculate that we are looking at a similar future. Maybe scare tactics, maybe not. There are a lot of theories about why Venus became the way it did, but man wasn't one of them.

#40     Nov 3, 2012