Ice Melting at North AND South Poles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 2, 2012.

1. wjk

wjk

That means I was providing data the scientists use, in case you're too stupid to figure that out, or too indoctrinated.

#11     Nov 2, 2012
  2. Armed with the knowledge that CO2 is greenhouse gas, and levels are up 30% over the last hundred years from man's burning of fossil fuels, and these charts, the conclusion is inescapable.

[​IMG]

#12     Nov 2, 2012
  3. wjk

wjk

No dispute, as I've tried to indicate to drone FT. I have considerable respect for Keeling and his work. I simply don't trust power hungry politicians to have our best interest at heart. I have much more faith in scientists, though not all of them. A middle ground would be OK. (This may come as a surprise to you, but I don't trust big industry, either.)

#13     Nov 2, 2012

4. that must be where this jewel of brilliance came from:

"I believe Mother Nature will take care of AGW. It won't be pleasant, but the planet has a way of balancing out temperature variances over time. I'd rather let her take care of it than a bunch of power mad progressives."

#14     Nov 2, 2012
  5. AGW has the potential to result in the deaths of millions of people, cause the extinction of a third of the planets species, raise sea levels 50 feet, acidify the oceans and crash the marine ecosystem. And then we have some unsightly litter. Maybe you want to rethink your priorities.

I hate pollution of all types also and have been known to climb trees to remove a plastic bag. I used to worry about nuclear power, acid rain, PCB's, mercury etc.. These things pale in comparison to the catastrophe that the earth faces via CO2 pollution. Those other worries have become trivial in my mind. I now welcome nuclear power.

Fixing the problem WILL require "big bad government".

#15     Nov 2, 2012
  6. wjk

wjk

I was being sarcastic (though the truth of it is, there will be stronger storms. If you understood the theory of three cell circulation, and you might, you know that), though I'm not convinced gov has our best interest at heart. Certainly you don't, do you? All jousting aside, do you really trust government that much? I don't.

I would be interested in real incentives, not force. How bout you?

#16     Nov 2, 2012
  7. wjk

wjk

And will they stop there? Why not just dictate every aspect of our lives for the good of the planet? Seriously, you know what power does to people. The more they can get, the more they will want. How much of your freedom are you willing to sacrifice?

#17     Nov 2, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

Yes!:) Bi-partisanship in the house!

#18     Nov 2, 2012
  9. jem

jem

more b.s. from our resident crazy leftist.

just a few months ago we posted info about record or almost record sea ice in antartic.

so I have no idea where you get your screwy alarmist stuff... but this is just one more piece of shit in a long line of your ignorance.

and data from your screwball guys with the fake emails in london show we have not been warming for 15 years.

#19     Nov 2, 2012
  10. jem, you are an ideologically crazed idiot. You're stupidity is so complete that it must be forced. We totally debunked these two "arguments" last time. You are unable or unwilling to see obvious truth or acknowledge it. Why don't you crawl back under what ever rock you crawled out of? The stupidity of people like you regarding GW is bordering on criminal now.

#20     Nov 2, 2012