ICE futures

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Covert, Mar 27, 2006.

1. LMeyers

LMeyers

#11     Mar 30, 2006
  2. JayS

JayS

https://www.theice.com

It should be under International Futures Exchanges (not domestic) on eSignal.

#12     Mar 30, 2006
  3. syd697

syd697

thank you very much for the quick response. this is great.

#13     Mar 30, 2006
  4. artis74

artis74

The NYMEX and ICE should be far more concerned about the CME rolling out energy in JUNe. The CME built a system for the NYMEX prior to the NYMEX deciding to go with clearport. The CBOT cant even get mini silver and gold fungible with big silver and gold; and you expect them to roll out new quality products that fast??

Question all ICE data you dont see with your own eyes. In the past they have double counted spreads and called calander tradeds 12 seperate trades to fluff volume.

#14     Mar 30, 2006
  5. jdp24

jdp24

How on earth the CFTC ever allowed ICE to list WTI is beyond me. I traded NYMEX, but when WTI came online I figured I had to have that too. First thing I realized was that ICE's platform is far worse than Clearport (shocking, huh?). Second thing I realized is that the best bid and offer don't necessarily stand on ICE. Because they aren't regulated by the CFTC they basically operate without any real regulation whatsoever. It amazes me how often I'll see matched up volume just dropped down straight into the system right through my bid or offer. It drives me insane. Also, I've realized that AT LEAST half of the ICE WTI volume is put through by their market makers so I'm sure that their claims of tremendous inroads into NYMEX's market share will turn out to be complete horseshit. Right now all they're about is padding their numbers and making false claims. Also, their market makers basically just try to run through the NYMEX markets with small volume because every ICE bid or offer brings about 20 times that volume into the NYMEX screen because of arbitrage black boxes & autospreaders. Even NYMEX floor locals now wind up chasing the screen making ridiculous volatility with limited volume. Half-dollar back and forth runs in crude are now normal over the past three weeks because of this.

#15     Apr 2, 2006