ICE futures on TOS?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by R1234, Mar 13, 2017.

1. R1234

R1234

Since a couple of days now I haven't been able to trade or even get charts on ThinkOrSwim for ICE listed futures, specifically /DX and /TF.

Anybody have any insight on this?

2. southall

southall

Why you asking ET after 2 days, surely you contacted TOS? What did they say?

3. R1234

R1234

Update - I spoke to them just now and it has to do with the ICE data fee.
    Starting next month they will be doing the same as other brokers and it will be $110 per month pass through fee from the ICE.

I guess the ICE wants to get rid of the vast bulk of retail traders who are unwilling to pay that fee.

4. southall

southall

btw, TF will be moving to CME in a few months, july i think.

comagnum likes this.
  5. Yes, as long as you contact support they will get the data back up for you. But as mentioned, there will be a $110 fee starting in April.

Good thing is however as southall has mentioned, they will be moving to CME and then TF data will be free again on TOS.

6. coplii

coplii

7. Does anybody know if ICE equity index futures (e.g. MME - MSCI EMERGING MARKETS INDEX FUTURE; MFS - MSCI EAFE Index Future) can be traded on TD Ameritrade (TOS)?
    I was going to ask TDA customer support, but their front line customer support (mostly clueless offshore people) gives often the exact opposite answer to the correct one - hence I though I better ask on this forum. I would like to know before I open an account with them. Thanks in advance.

8. maxinger

maxinger

Did you manage to get the answer?
    I am keen to know too.

I believe recently MSCI Emerging Markets Future is getting very popular.

9. No, I didn't find out yet. Hope someone on this forum knows. I also didn't ask TDA yet, as from previous experience it's a waste of time asking their "customer support". When you call or online chat with them, they have offshore people googling something, and when they don't find the answer, they give arbitrary answers.

10. treeman

treeman

It exists. You have to pay $140/mo (I think it's that much) for the data.

#10     Sep 2, 2018