Ice down

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by thegazelle, May 15, 2008.

1. isn't it like if CME globex goes down...my broker said I could call in an order if CME globex goes down to exit my position...is this accurate?

#21     May 15, 2008
  2. Not in this case. ICE is an all electronic so the only pit trading is in options. However, since there is no longer any pit trading in the underlying futures contracts the option pits are also closed as long as the electronic platform is down.

#22     May 15, 2008
  3. bt116

bt116

CME globex you can, but i don't know if there are any products are exclusive to globex. ICE has products that only trade on ICE, and aren't fungible with other stuff. Nice move to kill the NYBOT floor!

#23     May 15, 2008
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Datas are showing but no trades filled.

#24     May 15, 2008
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

BACK

#25     May 15, 2008
  6. Works fine for futures, but if you are doing OTC, you're pretty much SOL. $6 spreads with a contract that has a qty of 800 is not unusual.

#26     May 15, 2008
  7. LT701

LT701

ICE, ICE baby

check out the hook while my DJ revolves it*

with credit given to the worlds first wigger

#27     May 15, 2008
  8. should be almost a 80% drop in ICE overall volume tomorrow, friday..you agree?...who would come back and trade there after being hit so hard today?...please explain...

#28     May 15, 2008
  9. can somebody post a link to the details of what exactly happened.....I'm curious as to the details about what caused their infrastructure to fail

#29     May 15, 2008
  10. XBOT

XBOT

Seems like a third party that hit the "emergency power kill switch"

and ice claimed it was quicker to restart the main datacenter than to go to the back up center

#30     May 15, 2008