Ice age data bolsters greenhouse gas, warming link

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bla bla bla......No the question is....can you answer a simple question.

IS CO2 A GREENHOUSE GAS ?

#51     Jun 5, 2012
  2. jem

jem

you state I already have and I have..
    what causes CO2 to accumulate and what causes it to dissipate.

#52     Jun 5, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

that's an easy one. Evil conservatives, multinational corporations and capitalism in general
    Another easy one. Why carbon taxes, of course.

#53     Jun 5, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

jem has admitted today that he does not wish to employ discipline in his responses on P&R. So unless you (and I) wish to go along and pump the site owner's pageview count, continuing to debate jem is pointless.

#54     Jun 5, 2012
  5. jem

jem

what are you talking about.

you are the ones who posted detritus. I gave a little back.

And both of you know by now that whether CO2 is a greenhouse gas is irrelevant to me.

what is relevant is what caused CO2 to accumulate and dissipate in the ice core histories and how you would know whether something natural - is - or is not - the driver again.

I submit to you.. that everything you believe is superfluous ... until you can answer the above.

#55     Jun 5, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

"I have to be pretty disciplined with the rest of my life, I have 4 kids, I run a business with workers, I put on trades with stop losses... I really prefer not to practice such discipline while posting on elitetrader."

Nothing wrong with this and I think you're honorable for telling us.

#56     Jun 5, 2012
  7. jem

jem

that was from another thread, when someone asked me to stop pointing out the flawed polling methodology.

what has that got to do with this thread.

#57     Jun 5, 2012
  8. The recent accumulation of CO2 is mostly from man's burning of fossil fuels.

Historically speaking it dissipates as it's absorbed by the oceans and sequestered in living things that are then removed from the carbon cycle by falling to the seafloor etc.

#58     Jun 6, 2012
  9. It has the same DNA . . . . Jem.:).

#59     Jun 6, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

What caused all the other increases in CO2, before man was burning fossil fuels?

#60     Jun 6, 2012