Ice age data bolsters greenhouse gas, warming link

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, I follow you now...

The man, not the blanket (not the CO2), caused the warming.

Therefore Man is causing global warming, YOU WIN!!

Well done. : )

#41     Jun 4, 2012
  2. jem

jem

As long as you tell me man caused the warming in the cycles measured by the ice core data. 10s and hundreds of thousands of years ago.

#42     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

10s and hundreds of thousands of years ago, lightning started fires.
    Therefore Man cannot start fires!

#43     Jun 4, 2012
  4. So jem, do you or do you not believe CO2 is a greenhouse gas ? Simple question. I believe you have admitted it is.

If so, how would the fact that CO2 has gone up some 35% due to man's fossil fuel burning not cause temps to rise? Because there is no question the extra CO2 is from our burning stuff and cutting forests not from some mysterious cycle of earth's "breathing" or from temp increase alone.

#44     Jun 4, 2012
  5. Quote from futurecurrents:

The US is largely responsible for both the pollution and the lack of meaningful progress.

I was referring to CO2 pollution. By progress I meant progress on admitting and confronting the problem and cooperating with the world on it.

Maybe that wasn't obvious capt. I thought it was.

#45     Jun 4, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

The only thing that climate change deniers contribute to the conversation is carbon dioxide.

#46     Jun 4, 2012
  7. jem

jem

I do not see how this analogy works.

#47     Jun 5, 2012
  8. jem

jem

1. The earth is a dynamic system. It can accumulate and dissipate CO2 in the atmosphere and has done so in cycles in the past.

2. in the ice core histories we see that as temps rise CO2 accumulation lags behind.

So we see the earth warming... the warmer air to hold more CO2.

Similar to the way warmer air holds more moisture.

If the air cools the moisture will get dissipated.
    So will the CO2.

So in this theory... man made co2 would not be the driver... it would be temperature. This theory is consistent with earth history.

The question then becomes what causes the accumulation of the CO2... not whether CO2 holds the heat in.

#48     Jun 5, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

I was so tempted yesterday to interfere with your question here, and suggest you break it down--imo it's a loaded question. Now look at the answer you got!

You should have started with the basics, sir.

For example:
    Does the CO2 molecule absorb energy at wavelengths above 4000 nanometers, or not?

Etc. : )

#49     Jun 5, 2012
  10. jem

jem

We have not even gotten to this question....

Sir what causes CO2 to dissipate from the atmosphere in the past?
    How can that be if CO2 causes warming? According to your theory... wouldn't CO2 cause more CO2 which would cause more warming?

#50     Jun 5, 2012