Ice age data bolsters greenhouse gas, warming link

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Before Man, warming preceded rising CO2.
    Therefore rising CO2 cannot cause warming.

Is this your argument?

#31     Jun 4, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Looks like a pretty good one to me.

#32     Jun 4, 2012
  3. jem

jem

I would also add that cooling precedes the decrease in CO2 in the ice core histories... but...

does rejecting the null hypothesis mean the opposite is true.
    you know stats... why are you putting such a silly accusation on the table.
    Have I ever said I know what does and does not cause warming? I just know you have not shown me any data which shows CO2 precedes warming.

So I wonder how that hell you can make the statement you made one post ago?

You said CO2 causes warming on earth... I asked you for proof? its not my job to tell you about warming... its my position that I will let the observational data do the talking... or experimental proof.

#33     Jun 4, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

What do you need, mathematical proof from physics? Would you even understand it?

"Most of the light energy from the sun is emitted in wavelengths shorter than 4,000 nanometers (.000004 meters). The heat energy released from the earth, however, is released in wavelengths longer than 4,000 nanometers. Carbon dioxide doesn't absorb the energy from the sun, but it does absorb some of the heat energy released from the earth. When a molecule of carbon dioxide absorbs heat energy, it goes into an excited unstable state. It can become stable again by releasing the energy it absorbed. Some of the released energy will go back to the earth and some will go out into space."

Now, I have a question, does CO2 cause warming, or does CO2 slow cooling? ; )

#34     Jun 4, 2012
  5. jem

jem

we have done this before...

the earth is a dynamic system. CO2 accumulates and then decreases. it cycles. The question is what causes the buildup and the decrease.

At night when you throw another blanket on... did the first blanket cause the warming or was it you throwing another blanket on?

#35     Jun 4, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Yes.

#36     Jun 4, 2012
  7. jem

jem

exactly... when it comes time to produce the science of CO2 causing warming ... we get no response.

Even in fcs articles we are strating to see the word amplification... which is a concession to the idea warming leads the accumulation of CO2.

#37     Jun 4, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Lol. As analogy, the first blanket is CO2 (and causes some warming). The second blanket is more CO2. So you say, "exactly"?

#38     Jun 4, 2012
  9. jem

jem

who put the blanket there?
    that is the real cause or driver... not the blanket.

#39     Jun 4, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Anything to avoid reality eh Ricter.

#40     Jun 4, 2012