Ice age data bolsters greenhouse gas, warming link

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Apr 5, 2012.

1. So we tax ourselves into an economic catastrophy while the biggest polluters, China, India, and Russia continue business as usual. This helps prevent the impending doom you suggest?
    I'm old enough to remember the doomsdayers of the 70's claiming the earth would be a frozen tundra by now. Ooop's, it's getting warmer. Now we'll all be cooked in 5 years according to your data. Forgive me if I no longer take the alarmists seriously.

#21     Jun 4, 2012
  2. I'm just pointing out their absurdity.

How bad is it? The ice cream truck has melted. Waaaaah.
    http://lemonadeland.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/icecream.jpg

#22     Jun 4, 2012
  3. Yup let's see which country can fuck up the planet the most. The US is largely responsible for both the pollution and the lack of meaningful progress.

If you want to talk about catastrophe, the current inaction is leading the whole world into a big one. Working toward a green economy may be just what our economy needs. Think WW2.

There was never a broad coalition of agreement on the ice age thing it was a minor opinion blown out of proportion to sell magazines,and it's immaterial to the current discussion on AGW. Except as a favorite denier BS. There is no comparison in the science and the confidence levels to today's CO2 pollution problem.

#23     Jun 4, 2012
  4. #24     Jun 4, 2012
  5. This may be the most absurd thing ever written in the PR forum. If not for the U.S. the world would be a virtual sewer, in more than many ways.

#25     Jun 4, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#26     Jun 4, 2012
  7. jem

jem

fuck you... what a spineless cheap shot.

I was saying if the ice core warming data shows that temperature proceeds CO2 accumulation than you better find some proof CO2 causes warming.

That article seems to imply my argument was very reasonable.

Now lets analyze the data from this article.
    Based on the previous articles FC posted... I would be concerned that by taking the measurements out across the whole earth... you delay the lead time of the warming.

But I will wait for the scientists to review.

#27     Jun 4, 2012
  8. jem

jem

This is too funny... you man made warming guys are desperate....

in the article it says this...

"The ice age warming in Antarctica still appears to come before the carbon dioxide increases, which are calculated using an 800,000 year old Antarctic ice core, but there's good reason, Shankun said."

We discussed this a few weeks ago. This is the same info with new agw nutter spin. The next article won't have the data or the disclaimer about the fact the warming in Antartica happened first. It just be all agw nutter spin.

#28     Jun 4, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

We've been through this a hundred times. Solar and orbital perturbations cause warming. So does CO2.

#29     Jun 4, 2012
  10. jem

jem

I am just asking for proof... I know that is a nasty word for some.

But, generally in science... you ask for experimental proof, or at least observational proof.... to get to a theory.

At the moment you do not even have a theory about CO2 and you are calling it proof.

Where is the data of CO2 increase leading to warming?

#30     Jun 4, 2012