IBuyPower.com... They'll buid it for you for about the "cost of parts"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scataphagos, Aug 9, 2011.

1. "... Many in the PC community know the name iBuyPower for offering quality PC desktops, and laptops in use for gaming, workstations, and media. The California-based company has been around for ten years, and in that time they have accumulated many awards from sites like Maximum PC, AnandTech , PC World, and Gamepro just to name a few.

Today we get a chance to get our hands on iBuyPower’s latest custom gaming PC desktop dubbed the Gamer Power BTS 11. This rig is part of iBuyPower’s back to school promotion which includes an Intel i5 2500k processor, and Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system. The system is retailing for $999.00. Question is, is this custom rig worth your money?..." --techreaction.net

http://www.techreaction.net/2011/08/08/ibuypower-gamer-power-bts11-gaming-pc/

Not making a recommendation as I haven't bought from them, but they seem to have a decent reputation and good prices. Good to check out if for no other reason than price reference when buying a new computer.

2. A little extreme, cool stuff... they built it to have fun with for sure .

PC World - review of the Erebus

iBuyPower Erebus Is the Ultimate Overclocking PC - CES 2011 - PCWorld's GeekTech Blog

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W4_P_pP5iSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. IbuyPower and CyberpowerPC are very similar in prices and selection. I bought a pc from cyberpower about 6 months ago and have been pretty happy with the value I got for my money and their customer support had been decent. Much less crapware pre-installed than you typically get with an HP or Dell.

I'm using their liquid cooling setup which was cheap and runs quiet and does a good job cooling. I believe Ibuypower offers a similar cooling setup.

Unlike Alienware, they make drivers available for an unlimited time after purchase.

Never buying another Alienware. About 13 months after spending 6k on a laptop with them I tried to access the customer portal to download some drivers after an OS reinstall and they basicly told me that my support time was up and they would not even let me download drivers unless I bought some further support plan from them.