Ibuprofen linked to male infertility, study says

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Jan 9, 2018.

1. fordewind and Slartibartfast like this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It's hard to believe that a pain reducer like ibuprofen would have a negative impact on the hormonal system. I've never taken anywhere near the 1200mg per day they tested people with but I've definitely taken 400mg on occasion for muscle soreness or a hangover.

3. Alot of drugs have a relatively common known side effect of infertility.

I immediately noticed weaker boner power/arousal and semen count after I started taking Propecia. (for hairloss)
    I actually take Finasteride, the much-cheaper generic equivalent.

I wish I was in my early 20's forever. I was at my prime then. -- and I definitely didn't need hair or boner pills.
    I could play tennis then and lift weights for what seemed like hours. and do it the next day again, no problem.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It really is a delicate balance when it comes to hormones. Reducing DHT via propecia and other meds always seems to result in a negative sexual side effect, which truly sucks.

5. leave.jpeg

6. Can you definitively say that finasteride has helped you re: hair loss?

7. My dad got bald early -- and I still have a full head of hair since I started using Finasteride (generic Propecia) and Minoxidil (generic Rogaine) since the mid 2000's.

So I will personally 100% vouch for their effective use.
    But they both work better, if you use them early on at the first signs of hairloss. -- If you use them if you're completely bald, or have significant hairloss already...that may be another story. o_O

8. Now I remember why this exchange seemed so familiar: