IBUK to IBIE - what's going on?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by LondonHedger, Jan 6, 2021.

1. I was told the migration process to IBIE was completed. Does TWS or Account Management home shows me where my account is based? Maybe I´m blind but i didn´t see anywhere a reference to IBIE.

#31     Jan 11, 2021
  2. Nothing has changed for me:
    - My account numbers were supposed to change and they haven't
    - The PDT rule still applies to both my accounts
    - All the e-mails and statements are still from IBUK

#32     Jan 11, 2021
  3. blink18

blink18

Has anyone tried to contact IB support this week?
    I sent a ticket from Client Portal - no response in 24 hours (yet), I opened chat window a few times in the last hours - no response.

#33     Jan 13, 2021
  4. I also did not get a reply on my question yet. Strange. Perhaps IBIE has no support ;-)

#34     Jan 13, 2021
  5. Borgeby

Borgeby

I don´t know since I already closed the trades. I have new trades instead on which I haven´t received any notification though.
    My account has not been migrated yet

#35     Jan 14, 2021
  6. marketp

marketp

Hi, my account has migrated to Ireland, i received confirmation from IB

#36     Jan 15, 2021
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Same here, received an email on the 13th morning stating it would be done during that night but it took around 48 hours.

#37     Jan 15, 2021
    marketp likes this.
  8. Interesting they change from Reg T margin to Portfolio Margin.

Is there a way back, or is it 'Portfolio Margin or Cash' only for those accounts in IE?

#38     Jan 19, 2021
  9. ids

ids

There is no way back.

#39     Jan 19, 2021
  10. I just found this was happening today from reading the info, I have not had an email about it.

It says you get EUR100K protection if you are moved to Hungry IBCE: https://ibkr.info/article/3587 Part B, Section 4.

So, do you get to choose where you go? EUR100k is much more than EUR20k. I note someone said that only applies to bank accounts in Germany, but the account would be based in Hungry.

Does anyone know if we can keep the UK account? I was hoping that brexit would mean we will soon be able to trade US ETFs without Professional Status.

#40     Jan 19, 2021