IB's VERY BAD customer support

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by DT-waw, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jseeberg

jseeberg

Przemyslaw,

Please refrain from creating mis-characterizations of the IB offering on elitetrader.

You are taking information that you piece together from different sources about completely different account types (Advisor vs Institutional) which you haphazardly throw together in a mis-representation of the IB brokerage offering.

While the IB offering may not work for your business case, please refrain from disparaging a solution you may come to realize will benefit your business in the future.

John Seeberg

#21     May 11, 2005
  2. da-net

da-net

For what it is worth...

I contacted IBSOFT by PM pertaining to another thread about quotes freezing...I did this to inquire if they had the same quote supplier as my current BD...They answered in a timely fashion, were curteous, and helpful....even though I am NOT a customer of theirs

I have used many firms over the years but none have come close to what IB has done without me being a customer. Most firms talk the talk on customer service, but these folks walk the walk!

I think this responding by them is terrific and I am considering moving my account to them for this reason

#22     May 11, 2005
  3. reg

reg

I had contacted IB to ask a favor regarding resending me copies of old documents and they went out of their way to help me with this issue (especially Def). This was 2 years AFTER I had closed my account with them (I switched to prop trading).
    In my book, this is excellent customer service.

dt-waw:

IB usually goes out of their way for the customer if the request is reasonable, and if they say "no", then it means simply that - NO.

#23     May 11, 2005
  4. reg

reg

I can almost see the IB customer service department jumping for joy and throwing a party.

#24     May 11, 2005
  5. Keep on posting guys! It's our all ET. If somebody sends you a PM, it's up to the receiver to decide what he does with it. That's the agreement. Don't like it: don't PM.

Let's keep it that way.
    PS: Did you notice how the quote-freeze thread got squashed?

#25     May 11, 2005
  6. Thread closed at originator's request.

#26     May 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.