IB's Trouble tickets

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by dont, Feb 13, 2006.

1. GTC

GTC

Since IB is on its way of discontinuing email services, it will be hard for the potential new customers (who do not have a lot of time to hold the phone for a long period of time) to reach IB electronically. It is interesting that IB says that the recommended method of asking new account application related inquiries is chat/ticket. But new customers cannot use IB-chat or file a ticket! IB's trouble ticket system seems to be less slow only for certain categories.

#11     Feb 13, 2006
  2. alanm

alanm

I like the TT system mostly, but I'd like to be able to re-open a ticket when it needs further action (which happens sometimes). Currently, I have to create a new ticket and cut/paste the old info to get continuity (in case the rep doesn't want to look it up).

Also, I'd like to be able to set a priority. I like being able to help out by identifying low-priority cosmetic stuff as such, in the hopes that it gets important stuff handled more quickly. Naturally, some people will abuse this, but I think it would still help.

#12     Feb 13, 2006
  3. jpatet

jpatet

You think you would get “banned” if you mentioned the name of a broker you felt was better? If you don’t mind my asking, what country are you from?

#13     Feb 13, 2006
  4. Unless it's specific to a trade or to your account, for most general questions you're better off posting the question here than opening a TT. I opened a ticket to find out info about pro fees in an LLC sub-account (under a FA account), the response I got ignored the question and said "yes you can open an LLC sub-account". No kidding....the web page says that, but they ignored my question. I asked it again, the ticket's been sitting for a week now with no response but I got my answer here (funny the IB messageboard didn't get a response either).

SSB

#14     Feb 13, 2006
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

You can reopen old tickets for a certain amount of time after they have been closed. It seems to be a few days, maybe a week.

#15     Feb 13, 2006
  6. GTC

GTC

SideShowBob, You also need to notice which CSR is responding (or trying to respond) your ticket. Some IB CSRs are professional and prompt, but some seem to be lazy. I hope you did not have to deal with rickv. IB's cuustomer service varies a lot depending on respective the CSRs. I hope they all get better.

#16     Feb 14, 2006
  7. dont

dont

For the record I PM'D the IB guy who replied and the one TT was dealt with and the other is being handled. I am sure it was just some kind of a system problem.

If the TT system keeps the costs down I am all for it.

#17     Feb 15, 2006
  8. Thanks for the update dont. Nice to get a post that lets us know the outcome as well.

#18     Feb 15, 2006
  9. tae

tae

question for all traders...

please... i'm trying to get some info on a company that contacted me about lower fees.

has anyone heard of Genesis Futures?

they offered me $2.35 round trip per contract in ES, ER2, NQ, and others.

want to know if the company is lagit b/c i can't find anything on them.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

#19     Feb 16, 2006
  10. GTC

GTC

dont, Which IB guy did you PM? This information may be helpful for others.

#20     Feb 16, 2006