IB's trading Olympiad

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Results :

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/education/IBTradingOlympiad.php

Interesting things:

1. By making less than one dollar (repeat, 41 cents in 3 months) O. O. made #20 on the list and $1000 real cash. Congratulations for nothing!

2. I wonder how many students enrolled altogether? There were only 20 systems actually making money, and I would say making 2-3% in 3 months is not really something that makes my heart beat faster. But those guys also made $1000 in real cash.

3. I have a very simple trading strategy, very easy to program so if you are a college student able to program, PM me and we can enroll in the next Olympiad. I think we would make the top 3....

4. I think the idea behind the Olympiad is great. Would like to point out that IB saved lots of prize money by not having enough in the money systems....

2. Pekelo...

Just sent you a PM.

3. They could have saved even more money if they only gave a bottle of Jagermeister to the top-10 finishers instead of cash. The participants would have been willing to accept that.