IB's Option Trader

Discussion in 'Options' started by nixodian, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Tompat

Tompat

Thanks for the reply...I guess it wasnt quite clear- let me try again

Lets say I create a buy-market order about five minutes before i actually transmit it - then i attach a target order with say a 10% Target ( these are the presets in my order presets)

I think so far it is clear what Im trying to do

The thing is: as soon as i attach the target order to the mkt parent- the + 10% limit price is calculated and filled in the column automatically at the current market price - not at the actual filling price that I will get when i actually transmit the order.

Another stronger example would be that if i created a buy market an HOUR before I actually want to transmit it and attach a target order - the limit collumn will automatically fill in the current market price instead of waiting to see at what price the parent gets filles at the time of transmitting.

As I wrote before I trade the expiring options on the Open on Fridays and prices fluctuate very fast - so it would be very convenient to have a target order in place that uses the parents fill price. Apparently this is no problem with stocks , cfds etc.

Right now i enter orders manually and will continue to do so I guess -

Which 3rd party Software works well with IB Options???

#31     Nov 14, 2013
  2. #32     Nov 14, 2013