IB's Option Trader

Discussion in 'Options' started by nixodian, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Is there anywhere in IB to see IV percentile?

Not looking for IV over historical, looking for IV compared to previous IV (i.e. percentile).

Thanks.

#21     Sep 25, 2013
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

If you open a VIX chart and then open Chart Parameters and check everything related to volatility, your result will show a sub-chart of IV% v HV% over time. (Yes -- a very helpful little beast! [in a 6-month/1day candle world])

I don't really do equities much, so I don't know if this would help on an individual stock -- but hey -- It's a Saturday morning, IB is not open, and I've not yet had coffee.

#22     Oct 5, 2013
  3. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

#23     Oct 8, 2013
  4. Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I don't care about HV. I just want to see IV compared to previous IV (ie IV rank or percentile).

Anywhere to see this in IB??

#24     Oct 8, 2013
  5. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Starting in TWS 941.2c, we have added support for conditional SNAP orders.

#25     Oct 24, 2013
  6. Tompat

Tompat

Hello , im trading weekly options using TWS and fill in orders manually up till now...

I want to use Target orders to take profit in a fast moving market but have some questions/problems...:

If I want that my parent order will be transmitted as a MARKET order the attached TAKE PROFT -ORDER fills in the current market price instead of waiting on the price that the order actually gets filled -

As i do not work with LMT but with MKT orders this is really inconvenient and risky

As i understand for stock and cfds it is possible to use the fill price by clicking the "apply offset to parent order" - but for options there is no such field in the order presets

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! - THX

#26     Nov 13, 2013
  7. You should never use market orders in option trades; only limit orders should be used.

#27     Nov 13, 2013
  8. Tompat

Tompat

I trade the open on Expiration days and the market moves very fast - so if I want to get filled I use market orders...

#28     Nov 13, 2013
  9. surfer25

surfer25

I am not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you make your target order a market order it will be executed immediately after you fill. I think you should think through your question and word it so that it is easier to understand what you want so that we can help you.

If you want to make your target order a market order after the price reaches a certain point you should call IB and ask them how to do it. You could also use a third party software to enter your orders through IB and you will have a lot more flexibility.

Sorry if this does not answer your question, I am not clear on what you are looking to do.

#29     Nov 13, 2013
  10. gkishot

gkishot

Switching over to optionshouse.

#30     Nov 13, 2013