IB's Option Trader

Discussion in 'Options' started by nixodian, Jul 11, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

This thing caught my attention. Can you write in more detail what exactly are the benefits of this special support line and how one can qualify for this special support line from IB?

#11     Jul 12, 2013
  2. please add it asap. this feature is lacking for traders who want to make a big saving, esp for wide spreads. increments + / - from mid be nice.
    can you give us a time frame ? within a month? by September?
    thanks

#12     Jul 13, 2013
  3. They assigned me a special representative for personal service also when I had an account there. When you have this, you call this rep. for any issue - you do not have to call different departments yourself as general customers do.

I never asked for it, they just did it.

#13     Jul 13, 2013
  4. magmiv

magmiv

I can't agree more, On starting my TOS account, I noticed big savings on commissions using my TOS account over IB using this feature. eg SPX options (143.8 146.7)
    I usually have conditional orders on, and if I was using IB, I'd be buying back at 146.7. But on TOS, using the conditional order I bought back 145.3. thats a 1.4 saving AND savings on the commissions, TOS's IB rate 1.2 a leg for index options, IB's rate 1.5 a leg for index options. Remember the hidden costs in IB as well titaninum detailed. Makes you think twice on basic trading operations like modifiying, cancelling. Silly!
    IB will take forever to develop, I advise you to change broker now

#14     Jul 13, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

Thanks for sharing your experience. So, apart from having one point of source for interactive with IB, what other benefits did you experience by this arrangement?
    Specifically:
    1) Did you experience a significant better service from this one representative like he would pick phone within 2-3 rings (as another poster mentioned), was this representative able to sort things out for you "quicker and more effectively" than their average customer service executives.

2) Was your account an individual account or an LLC account?

Thanks!

#15     Jul 13, 2013
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I certainly hope that all those who are dissatisfied with IB get off of it as quickly as possible. :D

#16     Aug 11, 2013
  7. it has been over two months, can IB let us know the progress to this much needed feature?

#17     Sep 16, 2013
  8. surfer25

surfer25

Although IB is good in many ways, they often take forever to implement a change even when they agree that it is an excellent suggestion. It's a shame that they are so unresponsive to the suggestions of knowledgeable traders.

#18     Sep 16, 2013
  9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

We have just finished the coding and are now testing.

We have several sources of requests and suggestions, as well as our own agenda. There are limited number of projects we can work on at the same time.

#19     Sep 16, 2013
  10. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

The feature is now available in the Beta release.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/releaseNotes/Betanotes2.php

#20     Sep 25, 2013