IB's option cancellation fee

Discussion in 'Options' started by njrookie, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Options12

Options12 Guest

Be careful with that anti-IB stuff, noob_trad3r, you might get this thread morphed away from all of us.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3360540#post3360540

#51     Nov 15, 2011
  2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Before the end of the year.

#52     Nov 16, 2011
  3. magmiv

magmiv

looking forward to it
    Some of my IB user friends who use yourselves for option trading have also suffered this mishap because OCA for combos don't exist and are looking elsewhere; two of which have Portolio accounts with yourselves. l will inform them to hold steady for another month since yourselves state it will be instigated by the end of 2011. some also trade stocks, will inform those itching to trade options to stick with stocks for a month.
    Be helpful if you can tell me the specific date when time draws closer so I can prepare.

#53     Nov 16, 2011
  4. magmiv

magmiv

From what I've heard IB still have not got this instigated. Progress Update please. Any broker who classes themselves a serious options broker must have this quintessential money management feature.

#54     Dec 15, 2011
  5. magmiv

magmiv

with well over a month AND requested for years by own clients, how could ib developers say that and not get it done ? dishonest liars, too tricky for them? couldnt be assed? either way not good, ib want only the option gamblers, or complete newbies who only trade single legs, where OCA feature is actually available. 'Before the end of the year.' LOL!

#55     Dec 30, 2011
  6. Software developers rarely if ever meet target dates, which are just estimates. Just like building contractors. It is not a capital offence.

Management would never approve a formal date committment.

Dates are subject to factors beyond their control such as changing management priorities based on unexpected events requiring other software work, testing and integration schedules, etc. Maybe they have coded it but it still has to go through QA etc.

#56     Dec 31, 2011
  7. Well, they shouldn't raise hopes by saying by end of year. I am one of those who had a portfolio margin feasible account but now down to 3 figures. If they had this money management feature for spreads like they do for single legs, I am sure these frightening figures wouldn't be seen. I traded mainly credit spreads and only had stops set up for stop loss rather than simultaneous order of tiny profit taking. Afraid both trades would execute in my absence I chose the "safer" method, the stop loss. well during the very volatile period, I kept getting stopped out. I had the opportunity to take tiny profits, but would not set it incase of double fills
    why won't IB develop this feature? When can we expect it?

#57     Jan 9, 2012
  8. IBsoft

The feature has been released. You need to use the current Beta release of the TWS, version 923 to access it.

#58     Jan 9, 2012
  9. IBsoft

The feature has been released. You need to use the current Beta release of the TWS, version 923 to access it.

#59     Jan 9, 2012
  10. magmiv

magmiv

what a major disappointment, tried Build 9230t Beta and it doesn't work. Customer service staff also confirmed this. I read the release notes for 923 , http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=tws&ib_entity=llc#notes1 and it isn't available.
    Can you explain? So when is OCA for option combos going to be available? or are we suppose to stick behind the computer every minute of every trading hour / become gamblers with little money management, as was the case with me, hence my portfolio margin feasible account going down to 3 figures

#60     Jan 10, 2012