IB's new statement format

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by pcvix, Aug 2, 2007.

Is IB's new statement format an improvement?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. HOBO

HOBO

New statements contain following Legal Note:

"1. Please promptly report any inaccuracy or discrepancy in this statement, or in your account. Contact the IB Customer Service Department in writing using the form available on the IB website. You may also contact IB by phone, but if you report an error by phone, you should re-confirm such oral communications in writing …“.

(Interestingly, Old statements do not have such Legal note.)

New statements contain too much information. Notably values related to P/L (these are not even required to be shown). In last 3 weeks, IB has fixed some items; but other errors have appeared. And people keep on requesting additional new functions. This means we can expect more changes and more bugs in the future.

I have no use for this additional information, did not request it and certainly do not have the time to check and to report all inaccuracies in writing as the Legal note implies. All I need on statements are accurate reports of transactions (like buys, sells, dividend distributions, corporate actions, cash, …), positions and balances. Everything else should be optional.

IB, please keep LEGACY statements for now! You already have them (so should not cost much to maintain). Fix the New statements, so customers can filter all unnecessary fields out (or remove the Legal Note obligation about reporting inaccuracies).

#11     Aug 26, 2007
  2. pcvix

pcvix

I've submitted a feature request to retain legacy account statements as an option for all customers ad infinitum, beyond the currently scheduled cut-off date of September 17, 2007. If you like this idea, please vote in favor (and ask your buddies to do likewise). Given the September 17 cut-off date, we've to hurry up!

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php?ib_entity=llc

ID #3000
    Title: Retain legacy account statements
    Submitted by: speedy

The poll can be promptly located by searching for the contributor "speedy".

If the response is favorable with, say, at least 10 positive votes before the end of this week, I'll also contact IB's representatives on ET about this feature request.

Thanks!

#12     Aug 27, 2007
  3. pcvix

pcvix

Apparently, the PDF format statement feature will be implemented before the end of this year.

#13     Aug 27, 2007
  4. Bob111

Bob111

vote for it with both hands. i'm totally lost in new format.can't find simple PnL for last day. have no idea what all those terms are mean-MTM,FIFO,internal rate of return etc. and i don't give a sh*t about it.i'm pretty sure, that i'm not alone. guess it's IB first priority-to scare hell out of their potential and existing customers with complex TWS and now new statement format.

#14     Aug 27, 2007
  5. We need to have documentation explaining the terminology.

#15     Aug 27, 2007
  6. ssanders

ssanders

7. the new format is so hard to read it's ridiculous. you also can't save it to your computer like you could the old one.

sometimes i wonder who's designing these new features.

#17     Aug 28, 2007
  8. Bob111

Bob111

100% agree on that one. it doesn’t make any sense to put all those expand\minimize, customize view features, if you can't save it and reuse it when you login next time.

#18     Aug 28, 2007
  9. Bob111

Bob111

#19     Aug 28, 2007

10. Yes, thank you ssanders.

#20     Aug 28, 2007