IB's new commercial - "Join the 1%"

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by zboy2854A, Mar 14, 2012.

1. I found the add totally hilarious and a bit tongue-in-cheek! Maybe the sarcasm which should entertain didn't come accross for everyone (or maybe it's not even there?). If the target audience are retail traders, it might work. Everyone else will hate it for making fun of what was an attempt at a serious social movement.

#11     Mar 15, 2012
  2. I loved it. :)

#12     Mar 15, 2012
  3. nah, it makes you feel bad when you thought you were an Elite Trader who cleared with IB and you realize you are just another dumbshit.

Shouldn't I at least get a coupon for some free trades?

#13     Mar 15, 2012
  4. Ha ha

#14     Mar 19, 2012
  5. RobertG

RobertG

Brilliant!
    :)

#15     Mar 20, 2012
  6. dudebro

dudebro

um ... IB does not excel at marketing let's leave it at that ...

i'm sure this sounded better when said aloud but the message and execution do not come across as intended here. (even then, co-opting the class warfare 99% paradigm is in poor taste ...)

also how many people do you really expect to sign for "covered calls on dividend paying stocks" ...?

#16     Mar 23, 2012
  7. Agree. The ad sucks, period.

Thomas if you are reading this, please fire your ad agency.

#17     Mar 23, 2012
  8. Ditto!

A primary reason we don't have "more than 20% aspiring to the top"... is because excessive "benefits" have been lavished upon the 80% for their vote or manipulated through unions.

That is... too many people are mostly "comfortable at the expense of others" and are complacent to stay where they are while bitching about "how unfair it is that harder working and smarter have more".

The REAL solution... the 80%'ers should be given LESS... so that they have the motivation to WORK HARDER FOR THEMSELVES.

:mad: :mad:

#18     Mar 23, 2012
  9. d08

d08

This is not the era to be flaunting, we have the FTT and things that are threatening trading. This ad comes off as unprofessional.

#19     Mar 23, 2012
  10. that ad is embarrassing and totally inappropriate...kinda makes me want to pull my money out of IB.

#20     Mar 23, 2012