IB's Mobile Trader comments?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by opm8, Aug 13, 2002.

1. opm8

opm8

Hi All,

There are firewall issues at work preventing me from running the java TWS so I'm considering a wireless PDA in order to use IB's Mobile Trader software to (mostly) exit my morning's trades (I live near the left coast so my trading day begins at 6:30 AM, before work).

Does anyone have anything positive/negative to say about Mobile Trader?

Thanks.

--opm8

2. opm8

opm8

Due to the overwhelming interest in this thread I think I'll start another one as Part 2. :)

Alrighty then, maybe I'll post a review myself when I get Mobile Trader working (have a Palm i705 on order).

--opm8

3. MrX

MrX

I never got it to work on the i705, the problem is a WAP browser is needed and you need to set the gateway to IB's. I tried for a while since I already own the i705 I figured it would be a good back up but like I said I never got it to work.

If you are able to get it to work please post it.

Good luck. :)

4. opm8

opm8

Thanks for this thread bungrider, I never found it before. I guess the upside for me is that I got a smoking deal on the i705 so if it truly is this bad then back on ebay it goes. :)

--opm8

(Crossing my fingers that the speed will be sufficient)

And oh yes MrX, if I get it to work I'll post a follow-up to this (now growing!) thread.