ib's margin rates incredibly low

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joeyata1, Jun 30, 2006.

1. I am speaking in a small voice now...

Is this a small task?

I cannot state that this would be easy for a novice or an experienced trader.

I am from a time where if something is so complicated that ANYBODY could not do it, then there is something wrong. I believe IB holds itself out to the Retail Trading public don't they?

Again we are traders and must stick together. It is not my style however to go public with complaints against my broker...I prefer another approach. When I go into a restaurant and get lousy table service, I quietly leave to never return. (but I do not leave a tip).

Michael B.

The fault of the matter lies in his hands for not taking the responsibility to learn TWS's software and IB policies.

#41     Jul 9, 2006
  2. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Interesting POV. I don't remember a time like that. In fact I remember the opposite. A time before the Western World became such a litigious society. A time when people took personal responsibility for their actions. A time when people actually read instructions before going about.

The new school approach is about companies having to anticipate all my shortcomings and idiocy. Make everything user friendly with a flat to downward sloping learning curve.

Per se. Condisering that they didn't advertise aggresively until last year and that their slogan is still "The Professionals Choice," I'm going to have to go ahead and beg to differ. While it's true that they also deal with retail, I believe they are looking for the upper echelon (read: experienced) of the retail trading public. The ones who will make having such low commissions worth while.

Sort of like Brown Co. back in the day. Their advertising slogan, "...So if you;re experienced, give us a call..."

Ok, Ok. Sure, we should. It is after all, us v. them.

But... having pikers on your team, lowers your stock.

You're an upstanding individual. I can't claim the same for myself. I know that sometimes, going public with a situation tends to get results. But there is a right way and wrong way to go about it. The right way is making certain that you are in the right and can withstand any reasonable rebuttals to the contrary. Especially when there is little to no history of an issue similiar to your own.

A quick for instance; on Ebay, if you look at the reputation system, every now and again you'll find some unsatisfied customer leaving feedback which states more or less, "Avoid! Beware! Don't do business!" Yet there are hundreds of satisfied customers. And sometimes the seller replies, "was delivered, see tracking #."

#42     Jul 9, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

if you use the 800 number on the calling card you will pay an additional charge.

the cheapest way is to dial a local number
    on the calling card from a home phone and then enter the number you are calling.

#43     Jul 9, 2006
  4. in any event...cscott can use it...

#44     Jul 9, 2006
  5. ddunbar,

I am glad to have the opportunity to have an intelligent discourse with you. I am practicing to not fill the need to have the last word...but I cannot stand it...

It saddens me that I am a piker too...Because I really want to be in your club.

Michael B.

#45     Jul 9, 2006
  6. Electric...

Would you just shut up for once ?

Wifey

#46     Jul 9, 2006
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

With all the valuable insights and experiences you've shared on ET, you're far from a piker my friend. Far. I've learned a few things from some of your posts.

You didn't think I was refering to you, did you?

#47     Jul 9, 2006
  8. Well I am a small time trader compared to some here...:)

I hope that you and I can remain humble during our growth and continue to learn from one another...

Michael B.

P.S. By the way your post was filled with truth and I just could not reply..I had nothing to add...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=piker

#48     Jul 9, 2006
  9. Piker
    2 up, 2 down

One who trades securities on a small time, even amatuerish fashion.

Brett is a filthy two lot piker. Thats why he runs with them ugly little chickenheads.

:D :p :) :D

#49     Jul 9, 2006
  10. cscott

cscott

I've seen you post your age, and, let's just say that I'm older than you, so I'm old school too. I cannot stick with anyone (traders included like ddunbar and kiwi_trader) who twist my statements, falsely assumes, makes exaggerations, and posts outright lies, and is disrespectful to others.

#50     Jul 11, 2006