ib's margin rates incredibly low

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joeyata1, Jun 30, 2006.

1. risk1

risk1

Hello, cscott

Sorry but I'm still confused. Can you be a bit more specific about what the forex trade was? How did you open the position, and what did you do to close it?

Cheers.

#31     Jul 9, 2006
  2. cscott

cscott

I never said that. Your lies and exaggerations leave you with zero credibility and do not deserve a response.

#32     Jul 9, 2006
  3. cscott

cscott

It was a JPY Ideal (forex) position. I opened it with a limit order. The IB chat rep ending up closing it for me.

#33     Jul 9, 2006
  4. ozzy

ozzy

I've had some serious problems wýth IB Ideal Pro. I can see how someone could be really pýssed off especially if they were doing sýze.

But, with that being said I'm pretty happy with IB in general.

#34     Jul 9, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Lies? Exagerations? I've lost credibility?

Nice try.

A simple search of your relatively few posts yields:

From the begining of this thread. Sounds like you'd essenitally like "one ring - pick up - no hold."

And judging from one of your most recent posts, you also need hand holding.

In the thread where this quote comes from, many people including myself tried to help you to understand where the problem lies. Including IB. Yet how do you respond...

Anyone who bothers to read that thread, which is the first one I posted earlier in this thread to show what type of person you are, will realize where your deficiency lies.

And I was also correct about another thing given that you started a thread about it: You don't know the mechanics of order execution.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=72230

You need a broker who will hold your hand. Plain and simple. You're just not ready for IB yet.

And post 07-09-06 05:16 AM clearly shows you have no idea about how to interrogate IB's account reporting. A simple check of your realtime margin would have told you you have a trade on. Further, A check of your audit trail would have. Also, setting order execution clean up to "never" would leave the filled order on the TWS screen (which goes Black with white letters and shows quantity) until you manually remove it. Also, leaving your executions page up would tell you. There are a few other things YOU could have done which comes down to YOUR configuration.

IB is correct. You're not owed jack.

1. Yes they do. Either set your delay to cleanup filled (found under configure) to so many seconds, leave your execution page up and volume on to hear the sound you select letting you know an execustion occured, or set no cleanup of filled. Also, if there isn't enough screen real estate, get a second monitor so all this can be up.

2. Absolute rubbish. In account view Forex trades are reflected in your margin initial and maintenance. On the execution page, the actual quantity and side show up instantly. Further, in account management, execution reports give even more detail such as what bank(liquidity provider) executed the order.

3. Again, rubbish. I've used it several times. And with JPY/USD.

Face it, you just don't know what you're doing. It's too advanced for you. And that's why I'm being harsh with you. You blame a perfectly good company on your own incompetence and lack of understanding. Then you have the nerve to post a negative review and start a mini-smear campaign. IB is not for those who will not take the time to learn their software and system. You're better off using their simplified webtrader. OR in fact, finding another broker who has a far simplier setup.

Good luck to you.

#35     Jul 9, 2006
  6. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I've had one too. They apparently were receiving bad quotes in EUR/USD one day in April that caused an order of mine to execute oustide the prevailing market and an hour later close. I brought it to IB's attention and the situation was remedied professionally and courteously.

Another trader on here posted a thread about the bad quotes that Friday afternoon in April to which other replied as having experienced. The date was April 20th I believe. So it's not as if I was the only one experiencing it.

#36     Jul 9, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

mr. scott
    have you bought a telephone calling card to make the necessary long distance phone calls to solve your problems?

#37     Jul 9, 2006
  8. Calling cards utilize an 800 number...

cscott were in a different world now....I understand you and your expectations. Being from the "old school" myself, I feel your frustrations.

We are traders here and must stick together.

Michael B.

#38     Jul 9, 2006
  9. risk1

risk1

Hello, cscott

Sorry but I still don't follow you. Do you mean USD/JPY or another Yen pair, and did you buy or sell JPY? What exactly did you do to close the position yourself during the day?

Cheers.

#39     Jul 9, 2006
  10. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

ES, there's absolutely no reason for him to call Switzerland. None. And neither does anyone expect him to. The point of some egging him on to do it is to find out how serious he is about getting his situation resolved. In a way, it's sarcasm. But upon his further elaboration of his issue, you can clearly see calling IB overseas won't make a bit of difference. He's already been in contact with IB and they shot down his request. The fault of the matter lies in his hands for not taking the responsibility to learn TWS's software and IB policies.

Just like last time he had a connectivity issue, the fault was not with IB, but somewhere on his side. Yet he makes blanket statements as if everyone is or should be experiencing the trouble he has instead of asking questions and looking for real solutions. He pretends to be experienced, but is in fact a new trader. It's obvious.

ET can be a great place to share ideas and find answers to problems or just plain ol' commiserate. But traders who fail to take responsibility for their actions or inaction should expect to get a proper ribbing.

#40     Jul 9, 2006