IB's Latest TWS is up

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Tech Analysis, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Yes, it may be the case that the shortcut is still trying to pull Java from the old install. The easiest way to fix this is to remove the shortcut and resintall TWS.

#21     Sep 19, 2005
  2. alanm

alanm

It would seem to be better if the shortcut would point to %SYSDIR%\javaw.exe instead of the specific version number. The java install/upgrade should always put the latest version there.

#22     Sep 19, 2005
  3. d9d

d9d

I'd be grateful if you could supply the location of detailed instructions for transferring the prior tws-configuration, and especially, page-setup; to the new 8.51.

I have a -distinct- 851 installation in its own directory, with its own icon etc..

I need to know how to tell 851 where the old 8.3x data is; while also telling it to put the 'transferred' setup in the -new- 851 directory structure.

I do want the 'new' pages, config, all other files, to be in the path of the NEW 851.

A 2nd question would be: is there a smaller-file download which updates the 851.6; so I can avoid doing the whole 6mb download over again (slow rural modem).

thanks much! :)

#23     Sep 20, 2005
  4. The latest build now is 851.9. Anyone knows what has been changed from 851.7?

#24     Sep 22, 2005
  5. With all due respect IB . . . this is precisely why I held onto 831.9 for so long. Incessant upgrades to fix bugs. There's too much at stake here to worry about bugs and glitches cropping up all the time.

I've been an IB customer almost 4 years and am very pleased with them as a broker but the software development is simply maddening at times.

Can't we have 2 releases: one, a simple stable order-entry machine without all the alerts, charts etc for those of use who have our own charting software and then you can have this version for those who want everything but will accept constant change. Name it TWSLite or something

#25     Sep 22, 2005
  6. mss

mss

One thing that appears to be fixed in the latest release is the "order-->update limit price" feature that I mentioned somewhere back in this thread.

#26     Sep 22, 2005