Ib's Jeff Algos

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Humble Investor, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Try to test all the algos and see which one suits you the best. I tested different algos trading AMZA, IB's commission free ETF. Quickly buy and sell with different types of algos with zero commision.

#21     Nov 1, 2017
  2. d08

d08

Does anyone know of an algo that does the opposite of CSFB Guerrilla, something that would become more aggressive when price goes against the arrival price at rapid pace (outside of fair value).

#22     Nov 1, 2017
  3. I'm not sure but if you are in hurry, maybe try Sniper or Blitz. I personally only use these algos for dark pools only (CrossFinder & DarkSeek) as IB has great DMA execution.

#23     Nov 1, 2017
  4. d08

d08

I've used Sniper but it's limit only, essentially alternative for limit orders. Blitz submits everything IOC (or tries) which is something I'm not excited about, I'd need to split the order up manually and manage the leftovers.

All CSFB algos also use Crossfinder and dark pools, direct to Crossfinder is just a bit faster.

I've settled for TWAP now but it's not too intelligent (still better than IB's Adaptive or AccDist I think, despite not doing objective measurements).

#24     Nov 1, 2017
    Humble Investor likes this.
  5. Cyrix

Cyrix

Hi HI,

You mentioned earlier that "if you really want to get faster fills, just select Seek Aggressive with inside NBBO or midpoint parameter."

What does the "midpoint parameter" do? Does it make the DS algo target mid price?

Thanks.

#25     Nov 1, 2017
  6. d08

d08

As I understand it sits at midpoint (between spread) and waits for liquidity to materialize.

#26     Nov 1, 2017
  7. Cyrix

Cyrix

That sounds like a way to target the mid price, but HI said DS didn't do that. That's why I asked for clarification.

#27     Nov 4, 2017
  8. Cyrix

Cyrix

Humble Investor,

What's the advantage of DarkSeek over Seek?
    Doesn't Seek include DarkSeek pools, i.e have better liquidity than DarkSeek?
    Thanks.

#28     Dec 13, 2017
  9. Yes, Seek has better liquidity. DS doesn't post bids or offers and only searches dark pools, so better privacy. I only use Jeff & CSFB algos for dark pools. If I want to access exchanges, I use IB's smart router.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    #29     Dec 14, 2017
    6wives likes this.