Ib's Jeff Algos

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Humble Investor, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Cyrix

Cyrix

Have you tested Crossfinder for your trades?
    How does it compare to DS in terms of prices and likelyhood to get filled?
    Thanks.

#11     Oct 12, 2017
  2. I don't trust CSFB. They recently got fined by the SEC for alerting HFTs and prioritising their own dark pool over others.

https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-16.html

The good thing about Jeff is that they don't operate their own dark pool so it is conflict free.

#12     Oct 13, 2017
  3. Cyrix

Cyrix

I read that news, but practically speaking, if they still have better prices or liquidity after all that, we should still consider it though.

#13     Oct 15, 2017
  4. JEFF routes to more than 20 dark pools and CS is one of them. So Jeff captures the same liquidity as CSFB but they don't prioritise their own dark pool because they don't have any.

#14     Oct 15, 2017
  5. Cyrix

Cyrix

Too bad Jeff DS doesn't have the mid point algo.
    Crossfinder's adaptive mid point method allows me to not stare at the screen all the time to keep changing the limit prices.

#15     Oct 16, 2017
  6. d08

d08

While not the same thing, you also have the option of using the relative order with an offset (if available for your instrument). I personally haven't had the best experience with it though, it seems whenever I enter my order, I'm always the last in line.

#16     Oct 17, 2017
  7. Cyrix

Cyrix

Where is the option for using the relative order with an offset? Is it one of the selections in the WoW Reference menu?
    Thank you.

#17     Oct 17, 2017
  8. d08

d08

That wouldn't be part of the algos, just the order type (REL, relative).

#18     Oct 17, 2017
  9. Cyrix

Cyrix

I tried many popular tickers such as SPY or IBM, but the REL order type was not available when I chose JEFFALGO->DS.

#19     Oct 17, 2017
  10. d08

d08

It's a DMA order type, not an algo. Route would be smart or many of the exchanges.

#20     Oct 31, 2017