IB's iTWS for iPhone

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by LondonHedger, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Could someone please answer a few questions on trading your IB account from a smartphone (what's the latest info.):

What seem to be the best smartphone for this task?
    If logged on to tws all day trading, what is used up data plan? 5GB per month plan enough?
    Can one be on the smartphone trading w/o logging out of desktop tws?
    Can trade forex?
    Anyone using a t-mobile pay as you go monthly plan to trade from phone?
    Anyone trading IB F&F (advisor) accounts w/o problems on the smartphone?

Thanks in advance.

#61     Jun 19, 2012
  2. Current app is mobileTWS, large improvement over the iTWS app [for my usage, I experienced connectivity issues with my ISP using iTWS which I didn't experience with mobileTWS - I can't confirm if it was the app or ISP... ]

I prefer iPad, iPhone a bit too small for anything other than viewing price or exiting a position [others may argue, as is the norm here]

I primarily use it to monitor price and a back up to exit positions if necessary, I wouldn't trade all day on it - [if price is approaching my areas of interest, I return to a platform - desktop/laptop] [again others may argue]

You just need obtain an additional username for your acct, you can only run one instance of your username per device, same as dual desktops

yes, you can trade forex

no comment on t-mobile
    no comment on IB F&F

#62     Jun 20, 2012
  3. Latest mobile TWS update has full screen charts. Thanks, IB. Small bug: label is truncated after first token, so instead of "FB Jul 20 '12 30 Call" it just displays "FB".

#63     Jun 25, 2012
  4. I think it sucks

#64     Jun 26, 2012
  5. vicirek

vicirek

Disagree with "sucks".

Data plan can be basic because data flow is just encrypted text so 5G seems to be extreme.

#65     Jun 26, 2012
  6. Love the app but it would be nice to be able to enter MOO/MOC orders.

#66     Jun 27, 2012