IB's iTWS for iPhone

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by LondonHedger, Sep 8, 2009.

1. I was always getting "invalid login/password"... But it works smoothly after I upgraded it to the latest version (v1.1) ;-)

Quotes, Charts, Scanners & Alerts are added in this version. Now it looks lot better and complete... Good work IB :)

Quick question - is there a separate commission structure for iPhone orders or same TWS unbundled rates apply?

- SU

#41     Oct 25, 2009
  2. Yes, you need to use the code card to login just as with the regular platform.

Version 2 is great - Very well done IB!

#42     Oct 25, 2009
  3. What about my touch 3G < I'm about to get , why iphone gets such a treatment.

#43     Oct 25, 2009
  4. usman88

usman88

@Interactive Brokers

Nice job with the new version of iTWS! Charts were a welcome addition.

I have request that please add option of candlestick/bars to the charts.

#44     Oct 26, 2009

5. Seconded

bizarre that IB does not have any on their website...

Boy - I really going to have to buy that iphone!!

#45     Oct 26, 2009
  6. paradox

paradox

This is a nice upgrade from the previous version.

Alerts for forex does not appear to work properly though. Please investigate.

#46     Oct 27, 2009
  7. Has anyone been able to trade spot forex from iTWS? I keep getting a message/error "Sec defs not defined" or something like that when submit an order and the order does not get accepted.

The new version is a welcome addition. The charting on iTWS is still not good enough to trade from.

Download the Dukascopy application called SwissFX and another one called SimplexFX. Both have much better charting. They are both free in the app store.

#47     Oct 27, 2009
  8. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Both Forex orders and Forex driven Alerts are fixed for tomorrow.

#48     Oct 27, 2009
  9. indexer

indexer

Good. Integrated charting is the only way to go for discretionary traders.

#49     Oct 27, 2009
  10. Bump.

Any new features, pro's/con's, or any other commentary on use of the iTWS app?

Also, has anyone setup an additional NON-SECURITY-LOGON (which is possible i.e. to setup for staff as I have for TWS) and used that for iTWS in order to bypass the need for the security key for mobile?

I am deciding between an iPhone, iPad, and a laptop/netbook, purely for the purpose of having access to TWS off my desk. I need access primarily to monitor and adjust ES positions through the evening, by my bedside (I know, sad, but has become necessary with the recent volatility). The primary benefit on an iPad/iPhone over the laptop/netbook is the ability to be up and running immediately, and obviously mobility.

Any input from relevant experience appreciated.

#50     May 19, 2010