IB's IPO Goes Forward - Range $23-27

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Babak, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Babak

Babak

Alright!

It seems that it is full steam ahead for IB's IPO. Clients can even get in on the action:

Interactive Brokers's IPO

2. Watch out for Vonage-itis or Refco-itis :p

The line that customers can buy into it make me think. Why would the IPO syndicate release such valuable shares to the general public? They are not a charity...

3. rcj

rcj

4. I have no idea for sure but I would guess that offering to smaller retail through an auction system would create more emotion and get IB a higher offering price, thus bringing in more dollars

I think if IB was trying to pull a scam they would be selling more than 5% of the company. Also, IB is profitable, similar type numbers to ET and AMTD.

I don't think it's fair comparing IB to Vonage, just my 2c though.

5. Yeah.. vonage is based off a shitty service that nobody really needs.. (VoIP? Gimmie a break, I can use teamspeak or something for free, and it's not that hard to set one up)

IB is providing a service that will grow.. sooner or later people will realize that they're getting ripped off paying $7 - $10 / trade when they could be paying $2.

6. AAA30

AAA30

7. Bad idea.

8. if its a dutch auction its means the stock will gap up very little if any. look at goog it barely opened above its dutch auction price.

9. goog gapped up 20%.. that's a lot to make 20% in 1 day.

#10     Apr 7, 2007