IB's improvements to Booktrader.

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ddunbar, Mar 1, 2007.

1. 868 seems to run pretty fast on my Dual Core machine...

Not sure if thats an issue for some....

#11     Mar 2, 2007
  2. lol, again as soon as i talk about something i'd like to see added i discover it's already there. hidden secrets of tws.

thx

#12     Mar 2, 2007
  3. This was not exactly a "stuck" issue. This was clicking to enter a buy for example, and literally nothing happening, no colors, no trade entered, nothing "taking" so to speak. Then repeatedly clicking over and over until something finally would happen. And as I said, with the new front end (ButtonTrader), there is no issue at all, so it doesn't appear to be my computer.

But it appears you have not had the issue. I did run into one other guy who said he had that problem as well. Just another inexplicable thing I guess. I am using the standalone.

OldTrader

#13     Mar 2, 2007
  4. If there is just one thing they could improve it would be to add auto re-centering of the pricing. Drives me crazy trying to keep up with the re-centering of several book traders.

IB.... Hello?

#14     Mar 2, 2007
  5. AS a settable option that would be nice. Definitely do not make it permanently automatic.

#15     Mar 2, 2007
  6. yep good 1, hopefully it is already an option. drives me nutz as well and potentially bad for timing trades.

#16     Mar 2, 2007
  7. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

I see. Haven't had that one. I worried about something like that though, especially considering that I use a wireless mouse.

In any event, if you're trading using a laptop, set power management to always on. Many laptop computers have had mouse polling issues when set to portable or max battery performance modes. If it's a desktop and you're using a USB mouse, in your mouse config, set mouse sampling intervals to the quickest setting. (Meaning, fewest intervals in millisecs that usb will sample to see what the mouse is doing.)

Other than that, might be one of those freak Java things in combination with whatever else since you're using button or bracket trader w/o any problems.

#17     Mar 2, 2007
  8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Do you mean to fix to center? Because it does autocenter. But it only works if you do not have a scroll bar next to the Booktrader price ladder. You have to adjust the number of rows so that there is no scroll bar in the ladder and it autocenters. But it doesn't fix to center. If prices move about 25% of the way up or down the DOM ladder, it re-centers the price. I have my booktrader window almost the length of my screen. Aside from the quote panel and the order/execution/log panel, I have about 30-32 rows with no scroll bar to the right.

Try it out Sunday night or Monday whenever the price action moves.

Remember: adjust the number of columns so that you do not have a scroll bar to the right of the booktrader window.

#18     Mar 2, 2007
  9. I spoke to them at length about this just this past week. They have modify size/price available in the menu for both hotkeys and buttons, but neither works. The guy on the phone couldn't get it to work either.

Then he tried to lecture me that it was just as fast and easy to use the mouse method. I felt like slapping him silly through the phone. I speak with IB about once per year for a reason.

#19     Mar 3, 2007
  10. Moreagr

Moreagr

I agree please add this feature IB.

#20     Mar 11, 2007