IB's "IBIS"

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jazzguysoca, Aug 11, 2011.

1. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

This is now available.

#11     Jan 6, 2012
  2. Thanks for the head's up. So $30/mo per 100 additional quotes, with an upper limit of 1000 additional quotes total.

Note that this is certainly helpful and cost effective, but once you reach ~500 quotes total, services like IQFeed become more competitive. Perhaps IB could offer a 1000 quote package that beats or matches IQFeed's price....

Thanks again!

#12     Jan 6, 2012
  3. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

It is now possible to click trade on the IBIS watch list. You need to use the Beta TWS version 923 to access that functionality.

#13     Jan 9, 2012
  4. Could see this one coming a mile away. The ET crowd have all been saying they'd be happy to pay up for more IB symbols. Now that they actually <i>can</i>, they'll complain about the price.

#14     Jan 10, 2012
  5. Butterball

Butterball

The good old 80/20. 80% of the clients do all the bitching and incessant feature requests while only bringing in 20% of the commissions.

#15     Jan 10, 2012
  6. I wasn't exactly bitching - I'm very much an IB advocate. But I'm also in this business to make money; If you guys feel the need to pay your broker more than you have to, go for it.

#16     Jan 10, 2012
  7. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Excellent, this has been needed for a very very long time.

Take a long vacation....no quotes the next month....low quotes=low # of trades, and the cycle repeats. Many of us had to arrange alternate quote services or back up brokers due to this.

#17     Jan 10, 2012
  8. how do I change the font in IBIS/Mosaic? thanks

#18     Apr 22, 2012
  9. lindq

lindq

+20

IB needs to move away from the 100 symbol limit. Even if an advisor account was given 500 symbols for free, or at low cost to cover exchange fees, it would benefit the company by generating additional customer trading fees.

#19     Jun 24, 2013