IB's Front End Software

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by quicktrader12, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

What I said was 0 to 3 seconds and I fully agree with you that on this day that a 0 to 1/2 second IB lag would be correct. But on a high volume day, the delay could be as much as 3 seconds or even stuck quotes. But, lets hope IB's new switching and etc has for the most part fixed this problem. We know for sure, no quote feed is going to be the best at all times.

Catoosa

#61     May 6, 2002
  2. mskl

mskl

If you send an order to buy 177 shares (wierd odd lot) then as soon as you see the order show up in the IB quote then that IS the longest possible delay in their quotes. If they dick around with it before sending it (which they don't) then that would mean the quotes are even FASTER than you expect. You will see it is constantly less than 1/2 of second.

Use Island for equities and the PSE for options because some of the other ECN's/Exchanges have other delays built into them.

#62     May 6, 2002
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

IB works just like CyberTrader from this standpoint. It is when the quotes displayed are running behind the market that there is a problem and that goes for any broker including CyberTrader. If the quotes you are looking at are wrong and you do not know the market, trying to trade is hopeless. That is one of the reasons I want TAL RealTick quotes and market information to run along side IB. I would want TAL RealTick information even if IB quotes were perfect.

Catoosa

#63     May 6, 2002
  4. mskl

mskl

I thought you said on the "average" day the quotes were 0-3 seconds behind.

I would say that the average day produces 0 to 1/2 second delay and this is the norm.

Yes, I realize they had some problems recently but IB has taken steps to fix the problem.

#64     May 6, 2002