IB's Front End Software

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by quicktrader12, Apr 16, 2002.

1. mskl

mskl

Firstly, I found your post very misleading. Hyperfeed was a little sarcasim on my part. I inquired about Hyperfeed a few months back and was surprised to hear the cost (I think it was something like $8,000 a month). There is obviously no comparison. One company specializes in data and charges a high rate while the other specializes in order execution and charges you basically the Exchange fees for their data.

Secondly, I would disagree strongly that IB's data is poor relative to retail data providers. I have used TAL, PC Quote, QFeed, Reuters, DTNIQ, ESignal, S&P Comstock and Track Data. Out of those providers, only one had data that was even comparable to IB's data. That is, IB, a broker, has better data than most of the retail data providers!!

Yes, at times IB's data is a little slow but the problems are much worse at many data providers. For a broker that specializes in fast executions, their data is outstanding.

Sorry, you must have me confused with someone else. I have no interest in off shore trading. Thanks though.

#21     May 5, 2002
  2. Once you get used to the software it is pretty decent .
    The trade off is the commission savings so I can deal with it.

#22     May 5, 2002
  3. any chance of getting a demo of the software? and when will it be available?

#23     May 5, 2002
  4. def

def Sponsor

re: the price feed.
    With the new switches things are much better. At the same time, the algorithm/programs that send the prices out is being re-written to speed things up during fast markets. That code if not implemented yet, should be very soon.

#24     May 5, 2002
  5. Once again IB responds when we bang the drum. Thanks for the update def!

#25     May 5, 2002
  6. All this and a penny (or less) a share without having to trade 200 times a day. Love it!

#26     May 5, 2002
  7. Yes, agreed, and I can live with that :D

#27     May 6, 2002

8. Have the guys at QuoteTracker made any statements about how
    long it might be before they can support trading with IB?

I have always thought IB wasn't giving QT the time of day...
    And that there was numerous problems with an IB/QT hookup...

:eek:

#28     May 6, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

jerry medved has made a posting on the Ibweb discussion. shoot him an e-mail. he's pretty good at replying.

#29     May 6, 2002
  10. Thanks Def. I will ask Jerry what's up with the IB connection...

#30     May 6, 2002