IB's charts suck -- any recs for better intraday charting sites or software?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by d0rian, Mar 27, 2020.

1. shfly

shfly

I use IB’s API for medvedtrader.

If Excel works for your charting, maybe that’s all you need. Good luck.

#11     Mar 28, 2020
  2. TOS if you want integrated with your execution or freerealtime.com. Aspen Graphics is excellent as well.

#12     Mar 28, 2020
    NQurious likes this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

I have been looking for that for the past few years.
    I haven't find a good charting software.

many paid charting software

- don't give you lag free display
    - don't give you volume based candlesticks but time based candlesticks
    - offer you data feed from very few exchanges like CME ICE Eurex

definitely if charting s/w is free, you expect to see much more problem.

One thing I know is that charting s/w that uses UDP and not TCP gives lag free display.

#13     Mar 29, 2020
  4. Mark2m

Mark2m

I have IB for the past 10+ years, never utilized their charting program which reminds me of Sega circa 1990's without the music. Presently very happy using Sierra with IB data (note limited to 100 symbols) although can also use another IB account for a separate Sierra platform without paying any extra's. Worden TC 2K for end of day scanning, charting, etc..also best data base (possibly the only data base for equities).
    Data base means finding recommendation or something unique about the stock and able to copy and paste to the chart, since utilizing TC2K for 14+ years, have ton's of information note if you have a date of 1989 March, you will have the corresponding chart for that day.
    Spent too many hours with Ninja, 6 months of problems with dropped packets will not buffer and Ninja will disconnect, while IB will have a glitch and immediately stay on. Also cannot recall but limited to one chart on screen vs multiples futures, equities, etc..

#14     Mar 31, 2020
  5. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

A lot of people use MotiveWave with IB. We have different editions to fit your trading needs and budget. Full Order Flow capabilities.

#15     Apr 1, 2020