IB's BEST market orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by o10maximus, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

Vikana,

I thought BEST would avoid SUPERSOES if an ECN was on the inside. Have you had trouble with this? BEST seems to be back to normal except it isn't showing where the order is working. As long as fills are fast, I guess that's what matters.

#31     Feb 20, 2002
  2. I actually don't know how it is supposed to work. I just know that when I used BEST on AMAT and a couple of other large cap NASDAQ stocks I got terrible fills (see posts above). No such issues with best_ecn. So I'm just going to stick with best_ecn. I usually get filled on ISLD or ARCA, which is what I'd expect.

#32     Feb 20, 2002
  3. Eldredge

Eldredge

Vikana,

Not to belabor the point, but BEST wasn't up to snuff at the end of last week. I trade AMAT every day, and once in a while SUPERSOES comes in handy. BEST seems to be back to normal now (except that it isn't showing where the order is working). That being said, I doubt that you will see any difference between BEST and BEST_ECN very often on a stock like AMAT (assuming everything is working properly). Good luck with the NAS stocks - I have trouble with NYSE.

#33     Feb 20, 2002
    #34     Feb 23, 2002
  5. alanm

alanm

At some point in my past, I know I used a broker that was passing through all the ECN fees. At the time, I thought the rebate was $0.0025. Does anyone use one of these brokers now, and can you tell us what the rebate is there? I'd be surprised if IB isn't getting the best deal.

#35     Feb 25, 2002