IB's BEST market orders

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by o10maximus, Feb 15, 2002.

1. version77,

Robbery, that's what it feels like. I naively thought that supersoes combined with best would work as well as NYSE. Obviously not. Since I had just added nasdaq I believe the order was for 200 shares or something really small.

#21     Feb 17, 2002
  2. Eldredge

Eldredge

Vikana,

For what it is worth, I trade AMAT everyday with very little trouble. I use limit orders, but the fills are usually very fast, so it doesn't seem like market orders should be any worse. Maybe you have just had some bad luck. Also, the last couple of days, BEST hasn't been working as well as usual for me. I'm not really sure what has been wrong, but you may want to hang in there with some small size and see if it gets better.

#22     Feb 17, 2002
  3. Eldredge, what routing do you use for your fills?

thks

#23     Feb 17, 2002
  4. flea

flea

Eldridge, I've also found Best to be below par last couple of days.

Feels a little like the time PRIMEX started, there were delays on fills and at first I didn't know why until a few others started to complain.

I wonder if something similar is happening now?

#24     Feb 17, 2002
  5. Eldredge

Eldredge

o10Maximus,

I use BEST limit orders. Initially, I was hesitant to use this route, but with the advent of supersoes it has been great for liquid nas stocks. But every once in a while there is a snag (see below)

Flea,

You are exactly right! I commented on another thread (in fact, I think I started one that died) that it felt like PRIMEX was back. The other odd thing is that the routing on TWS just stays as BEST instead of showing where the order is working. I don't know what is going on (I kept expecting PRIMEX to show up on my executions), but I don't like it. On another thread, def said he didn't have a clue. I hope it gets back to normal on Tuesday. If not, maybe I'll revive that other thread.

#25     Feb 17, 2002
  6. I didn't trade much today, but when I did Best limits were rockin. Intantaneous fills. That's what I'm talkin bout!

#26     Feb 19, 2002
  7. flea

flea

I used BEST Market orders and fills were a lot better today.:)

#27     Feb 19, 2002
  8. traded several large cap nasdaq stocks with market orders using best_ecn. Got fills as expected.

So I'll just stay with best_ecn for now

#28     Feb 19, 2002
  9. How fast are the fills using market orders with best_ecn?

Which would be faster, best_ecn or BEST execution?

#29     Feb 20, 2002
  10. best_ecn market orders are filled immediately, ie sub 2 secs in my case yesterday (they were all shorts)

best market orders do not fill as fast, as they can get stuck at supersoes waiting for an ECN to move off best bid/ask.

#30     Feb 20, 2002