IB's Best ECN

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader88, Jun 1, 2001.

1. stevene9,

When you add symbols to your watch list, type in BEST_ECN as the exchange.

#21     Jun 4, 2001
  2. damonjanis - Thanks. I thought it would be a pull down destination. I haven't added any new symbols recently.

#22     Jun 4, 2001
  3. dlincke

dlincke

steven, I believe the omission of BEST_ECN from the Destination pulldown menu is an oversight/bug in JTS. It's probably a hardcoded list that they forgot to update. Also one of the choices in that menu CFCO (Cantor Fitzgerald?) does not show up in the routing choices menu when setting up a new market data line.

#23     Jun 4, 2001
  4. dlincke

dlincke

I've recently received and email from Steven Sanders, assistant to IB's chairman, soliciting feedback concerning choice if IB's Best Execution routing vs. other choices (manual routing, REDI, ARCA algorithms). I let him know that lack of documentation and lack of notification of changes is the main reason for me to avoid BEST whenever possible. I believe that only a small number of selected customers have been included in this survey but I hope that others who have been contacted will also take this opportunity to voice their concern about lacking documentation. Since this is coming from senior management our feedback should have more of an impact than emailing the helpdesk where people don't seem to care anyway.

I'd also like to thank def for his continued efforts in voicing our concerns within IB.

Dave

#24     Jun 4, 2001