IB's 4% Intraday Initial Margin Req. for Index Futures

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bitstream, Aug 24, 2007.

1. No.

#121     Oct 11, 2007
  2. abxs

abxs

yeah good point... we all got a message about the increase in margin two months ago, but I had to find out here when the return to normal took place!

#122     Oct 11, 2007
  3. Yes, IB, I agree. Thank you for raising margin requirements when you felt it necessary in order to keep IB and our accounts safe. I am dead serious and I am not saying this in jest.

#123     Oct 11, 2007
  4. LOL, IB halves margin on the day the DOW has a sharp 250pt move to the downside.

I wonder how many longs who went all in when the dow was up 100+pts got an intra day margin call today?

If i recall, margin was raised pretty close to the August bottom.
    IB look like a good contrarian indicator. Go long when IB raise margin requirements and go short when they lower.

#124     Oct 11, 2007
  5. wow IB really dropped index future margins didnt they? dont recall seeing es margin this low before.

#125     Oct 15, 2007
  6. cmaxb

cmaxb

NYMEX still seems to be at full.

#126     Oct 15, 2007
  7. Zanatos

Zanatos

Ids, or any other IB rep...do you know why Nymex margin reqs are still double...this seems odd in that Energy was never effected by the volatility in the first place (well, not like index futures which have come down), and more so, NYMEX has just LOWERED their margin reqs to all member/clearing firms???

~Zan

#127     Oct 16, 2007
  8. abxs

abxs

Actually YM used to be 1406 and has been 1213 earlier this year.

#128     Oct 18, 2007