IBRApp, a trading simulator

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by corvus, Mar 3, 2003.

1. corvus

corvus

IBRApp beta v0.81a is complete and posted...you can download it at:

http://www.cicleworks.com/ibrapp.html

Changes include a) the default futures contract is now the June ES, and b) it now saves properties to a file and remembers settings (ie, the futures contract you selected) between sessions. I will be making some more changes soon, so I probably won't roll this out of "beta" until those changes are in.

Special thanks to Zardoz for being the first to donate! Thanks man!! :cool:

#11     Mar 14, 2003
  2. Thanks for making it available to your felow traders. It's a nice piece of software.

Now, I am noticing something that I don't know what to think about. I placed a buy stop order @861.5 when the B/A was 862/862.25 and did not get filled immediately. The status was 'Simulated Waiting' and it remained so for a while even if the price kept climbing. I eventually cancelled the order @863/863.25. In real life I would have been filled very fast, but not here.

My default entry was via stop orders.

Thanks,
    Wally

#12     Mar 17, 2003
  3. I gather that it is the same as for exits, however it would be really cool if you allowed the user to specify it the way they can do it with the entry/exit orders.

The thing is that I personally would love to enter and reverse via stop orders and exit (at the target) via limit orders. Also sometrimes I like to exit via a market order, so it would be great if we could have an easier access to the order type menu so that we could switch from the limit to the market order type or vice versa much faster. A good place to put this menu would be on the right hand side of your TWS on the same level the pages Trading and Summary are.

Thanks,
    Wally

#13     Mar 17, 2003
  4. corvus

corvus

I had been under the impression that IB simulated stop orders required the election price to be hit in order for the stop order to be "elected" and turn into a market order, regardless of whether the current price was above a buy stop or below a sell stop. I might be wrong on this, since IB's website now says "Buy Simulated Stop Orders become market orders when the last traded price is greater than or equal to the stop price."

See: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html?html/tws/stop_orders.html~top.body

I can change this no problem, but someone with stop order experience (I don't use them) PM me and verify this change.

#14     Mar 17, 2003
  5. Yes, I would like someone to verify that too, because I might be wrong. I thought that a stop order becomes a market order automatically in such a case, but I usually place my stop orders well before the stop price is hit so my experience in this matter is rather limited.

#15     Mar 17, 2003
  6. corvus

corvus

Someone else requested on-the-fly order type change as well...I'll look into this, I definitely see its utility.

#16     Mar 17, 2003
  7. Whamo

Whamo

Hey corvus,

I just tried out your application and it's really well done!! I just gave you a contribution for your efforts!

#17     Mar 20, 2003
  8. corvus

corvus

Just put out a new beta version. Minor changes, mostly, but notably support for Mac OS X has been added to the installer. I have no means to test Mac OS X, so any OS X users who are interested, give it a try!

http://www.cicleworks.com/ibrapp.html

Actively testing the realtime trading version, and it's looking good. I'll hopefully post a version of it soon...

#18     Mar 21, 2003