IBM

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Buy1Sell2, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

You'll be fine. Talk tomorrow.

#31     Jan 18, 2018
    Overnight likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Aye. P.S. Blackberry fruit is actually purple. So they should have made the phone shells purple in color, would have been clever in a cerebral way.

Right, I'll be fine. Yes yes. Nothing to see here.

#32     Jan 18, 2018
  3. ironchef

ironchef

It is on my watch list for a year. GE and IBM are two stocks I am using to practice chart reading. I made my entry on IBM some time ago. From my limited knowledge reading charts, I don't know when to enter a GE trade?

#33     Jan 20, 2018
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Chart reading ability is unnecessary unles you are trading with a high percentage of your capital --say over 10%.

#34     Jan 20, 2018
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'll try to watch and comment when I think it is tradeable for me. It may be different for you.

#35     Jan 20, 2018
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Thanks.

#36     Jan 20, 2018
  7. ironchef

ironchef

You may very well be right. In the grand scheme of things, whether the entry is $16.77 or $18.77, for a long term trader, it may not matter.

#37     Jan 20, 2018
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Made a couple of hundred, it worked out. Why don't you guys come over to the futures side? *tempts B1S2 and vanzandt with futures. Tasty carrot, mmmm!*

#38     Jan 20, 2018
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

IBM Vocabulary

IBM has apologized for job application forms on its website that gave applicants the option to choose "yellow" and "coloured" as their ethnic groups. "IBM has long rejected all forms of racial discrimination and we are taking appropriate steps to make sure this does not happen again," it said. This is actually more complicated than it seems. The terms are official classifications in Brazil and South Africa—and certainly in the latter case, it's how a large section of the population self-identifies—but for an applicant in the U.S., they were inappropriate and understandably shocking. Fortune

#39     Feb 27, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's hilarious. One of the largest tech company's in the world... you'd think someone would have taken notice and said something.

...."Hey guys, can we fire up that copy of Microsoft Word and change those ethnic selections on our U.S. application? I think we might be pissin' some people off". :banghead:

#40     Feb 27, 2019