IBM This WEEK

Discussion in 'Trading' started by twcg, May 12, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

#11     May 15, 2002
  2. egildone

egildone

Is he still around?

From the article noted above, Joe said:

"You've heard of a stock called Enron. When that stock was $95 a share, you should have had a stop loss under it at $86. You would have been out of Enron at $86. Wall Street committed the crime of the century. They let people ride Enron all the way down to 24 cents a share, and never apologized for not having a stock loss under it. "

I thought it was the individuals responsibility to place stop loss orders, not wall street.

I followed Joe in the 70s. He is brilliant, but sometimes his mouth works while his brain is disengaged.:)

Ed

#12     May 15, 2002
  3. FasterPussy:
    - I assume it's foolish of me to respond to you cause we'll never see eye to eye on almost anything in trading, and you can't seem to prove the ability to be profitable anyway. I did get 9k more thv at .8-.84. I've been on the bid for a bit at .76. I sense your sarcasm on the issue of thv. Lets make a gentleman's bet. Right now. Short me some. You can choose how much. We'll do it on island at today's close of .8. Put some real money where your mouth is. It's stupid to berrate my stock picks if you refuse to take the other side of one of my trades.

#13     May 15, 2002
  4. bone

bone

Unlike Yahoo or Enron, it seems to me that companies like Microsoft and IBM manufacture products, have dominating marketshare positions, have tremendous technical resources on hand, and possess enormous brand recognition. If someone really believes that IBM is a $20 stock, that is sheer lunacy. Of course, I'm a big dumb bond trader and know squat about stocks.

#14     May 15, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

OK, so how are the IBM bonds doing? Insana claims that IBM has an uncanny ability to sell them when yields are going higher...

nitro

#15     May 15, 2002
  6. OK Pussy, your move. Take the other side of the trade or shut up.

#16     May 16, 2002