Ibkr

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hoodooman, Mar 5, 2010.

1. lwlee

lwlee

I've been building a position for some time. Unfortunately my cost average is like $17.50.

I believe IB has superior technology. Looking for someone to buy them out. Could be worth 30-50% bump in price. Time horizon is hopefully 2 years.

I agree that going after professional traders has limited growth potential. Requires too much dedication.

#11     Mar 6, 2010
  2. the real growth story might be independent financial advisors. The cost of running a clientele through IB has got to be a fraction of the full service firms.

#12     Mar 6, 2010
  3. Looks like the thread is finally picking up steam. Maybe the truth will out.

Negative earnings trend and negative money flow is my my main criteria for not picking a firm. Financial report be damned.

Do we have some shills here?:D

#13     Mar 6, 2010
  4. ib doesnt take wannabees anymore. they have put in some strong rules about past experience before they take you.

#14     Mar 6, 2010
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

That is assuming Peterffy allows it to be sold? Reading about his history, I'm not sure but maybe everyone has their price.

#15     Mar 6, 2010
  6. Catoosa

Catoosa

Peterfly has sold a small percentage but if he sells out all of his ownership, I might look for another brokerage house for my IB account. I have had several brokers and banks, where I have had accounts, sell out and it has most often resulted in a down grade in the security of my funds and higher fees and commissions. Peterfly is who and what makes IB the broker I think they are.

#16     Mar 6, 2010
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

Yes, I agree. From what I've read about him, I can't imagine him selling IB, but you never know.

#17     Mar 6, 2010
  8. What are those rules? Do they require proof of experience?

#18     Mar 8, 2010