IBKR TWS setup questions and problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by excrypto, Aug 27, 2019.

1. excrypto

excrypto

Slowly setting up the platform and running into a myriad of problems.

1. Are there seriously no options to change Fibonacci retracement preset levels? I get you can manually drag them after the fact.
    2. Is there a way to get rid of the "???????" to show missing new bars?
    3. I cannot for the life of me get charts to 'zoom in'. always says auto mode. I can scroll the vertical price axis but not hor time to get closer in. Can I add a hot key of such to "scroll in"?
    4. Some of my charts do not auto refresh and are stuck with old data. I have to manually go to View and 'refresh' for the new bars to pop up. (Mind you I am not yet currently subscribed to live data feed but the delayed bar show after I refresh anyways)
    5. Within one chart I add more windows (not tabs) with different time frames of the same security. When I want to change the ticker I expected them all to change to that new ticker. They don't and I have to manually do it.
    6. When running through the user guide there are a whole bunch of advanced order types that don't show in TSW mosaic.

Thx.

2. 3. I forgot how I did it, but it is possible to get a scroll bar for the horizontal (i.e. time) axis. This scroll bar will appear at the lower right hand corner of the chart.
    5. It is possible to "link" charts. This is a symbol at the top rght hand corner which looks like a piece of a chain. You link up multiple charts by giving this link symbol the same color. Once an instrument/ticker changes in one chart, it will automatically change in all other charts that have the same color link.

3. excrypto

excrypto

Ive tried everything honestly. even unchecked the bar limit in cahrt parameters. If you can remember plz lemme know.

It doesnt have to be 'linked'. Theyre within the same chart. So you cant even link them. If that makes sense.

4. About the horizontal axis: in my TWS I see the following sliders at the bottom of the chart:
    timeaxis.png
    (highlighted in red circles). With these I can zoom in and scroll through time: put your mouse on it, left-click and keep the left button clicked. While clicked you can drag this. I couldn't find a menu item to enable/disable this, so I guess it is always enabled. I am using three charts and all have this.

About linked charts: I now see what you mean. My way of working is slightly different. I have a list of tickers which I monitor. This list is linked to the chart(s). Whenever I click on a ticker on this list, all charts get changed to this ticker. I don't change a ticker symbol from within a chart.

4. Are you sure that this box is ticked? Chart -> Edit -> Chart Parameters -> Chart Time Options -> Keep chart up-to-date (near the bottom of the menu)

5. excrypto

excrypto

Thanks for the reply.
    In regards to your picture with the red circles it wont zoom. Only scroll together to move through time.

Thanks.

4. Yes that box is ticked. And still no go.

6. If you click-and-hold between the two lines it moves the entire horizontal bar left or right. If you click precisely on that vertical line you can drag that vertical line, resulting in a zoom-in.

7. excrypto

excrypto

Sadly the vertical line won't drag by itself.

8. Martin768

Martin768

Trick for zooming the chart window: