IBKR the best imo.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wxytrader, May 7, 2024.

1. TOS for charts???!!! On IKBR you have trading view charts now...I think on the new desktop platform too. The only thing tos does better than most are the options strategies but that's it. However even that IBKR does better as far as tracking actual positions and recognizing that if you buy to open a long option while you are short the same contract that you are actually buying to close.

Also, in IKBR not only can you set up conditional orders to buy or sell options based on the price of the underlying...(TOS) you can use a different underlying than the ones associated with the options.

Perhaps part of the problem is you guys don't use all the features offered and don't chart to the extent that I do.

#31     May 7, 2024
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

I should have made my point more clear than just DGAF, as in they cater to pros - not retail and that is reflected in their crap TWS charts. If retailers don't like it, no skin off their backs.

LOL come on they're not going to fire any C's over that.

#32     May 7, 2024
  3. poopy

poopy

They cater to multi-account managers. RIAs. The only game in town for trading tickers worldwide.

#33     May 7, 2024
  4. schizo

schizo

You thought that was bad?? What about the day when CL went negative? They really effed up majorly.

#34     May 7, 2024
  5. ids

ids

d08, "They're just churning traders now. There's always another sucker waiting in line". Later, d08 again, "Only been with IB for almost 20 years now. What do I know, right?"
    LOL, I have known this guy for all these years and he is always complaining. d08, I love you anyway. Thank you for doing business with us all these years. I am sure, you paid a lot of commissions.

#35     May 7, 2024
  6. IBKR has cheaper commissions than tos.

#36     May 7, 2024
  7. ids

ids

True, but 20 years is a long, long history.

#37     May 7, 2024
  8. tony.m

tony.m

IBKR is just average, maybe a 6 out of 10.
    AMP 8/10

Only go with IBKR is you live in a 3rd world country such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada.

#38     May 7, 2024
  9. schizo

schizo

IB only recently offered TV to their clients. But many brokers have been offering TV long before IB jumped on the bandwagon.

Now, as you might already know from my postings, I love using TV for all my charting needs. But that's about it. Other than charts, everything else is junk. For instance, their order execution is soooooo old school, it's simply mindboggling. Their DOM is pretty laughable. Even though they offer OCO bracket orders, there's no way to program it in advance, so you're forced to enter stop and PT manually with every trade.

On a brighter note, there is a way to "automate" your trades using webhooks but still it's not easy unless you know how to code it in pinescript. All in all, they're real pain in the ass. But I digress.

#39     May 7, 2024
  10. TD's revamped version of TOS uses TV for charts.

upload_2024-5-8_5-27-43.png

https://www.td.com/ca/en/investing/direct-investing/trading/active-trader

#40     May 8, 2024