IBKR the best imo.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wxytrader, May 7, 2024.

1. poopy

poopy

OK, enough.

I am talking about Reg-T. Not risk-based haircuts, no futures. SEC-regulated positions. IBKR will require, w/o notice, a req BEYOND the risk on various option spreads/combos. NOBODY else does this.

You cannot argue that a vertical (single maturity) call spread should debit your account for the spread width. I am not referring to LTD in some smooth-brained DITM position. FWIW, IBKR would simply blow you at at mkt at 3:45PM.

#21     May 7, 2024
    d08 likes this.
  2. Not talking about expiration either. They don't care about expiration.. risk is measured real time. If they cared only at expiration then they wouldn't have a problem with my cash secured put would they? I don't know why brokers do it this way. It doesn't make sense to me either but it's their money. All they need to do is factor in maximum risk and reduce buying power accordingly.

#22     May 7, 2024
  3. poopy

poopy

omg, stfu.

Risk is measured in real time? So a June SPX 30-wide call vertical, OTM, requires $3,000 in req? Just fcking stop.

#23     May 7, 2024
  4. toon

toon

IBKR's TWS is the worst charting platform I have ever had.

#24     May 7, 2024
    _eug_, nbbo, comagnum and 1 other person like this.
  5. I'm talking about the desktop portal that has trading view charts. TWS and TOS I wouldn't even bother trying to chart with.

#25     May 7, 2024
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

And they DGAF because most traders they service use another, better outside charting platform or .... they don't use one at all.

#26     May 7, 2024
    murray t turtle and EdgeHunter like this.
  7. I am with IBKR... and I have heard and read they have done this shit to many users even large traders... But I thought (?) they were sued over this and lost... and modified pulling this crap... But...

are they still playing these games??... I watch my SMA like a hawk...

... Edgey

#27     May 7, 2024
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. poopy

poopy

I had to go to arbitration to get reimbursed for something so blatantly obvious. I went back to IBKR in 2018 as I needed the F&F platform, but it's not worth it and I wired out in 2021. I didn't have any problems with haircut but repeated loss of connection to TWS (Gb broadband).

#28     May 7, 2024
    EdgeHunter likes this.
  9. Agreed... I execute orders on IB classic... I like its spreadsheet format... But I use TOS to Chart... anything but TWS charts... they are Garbo...

I have said... LIVE on the phone to some of the good IB support reps.. that the CTO, CIO, and COO should all be fired... They, all down the complete developer chain, are incompetent at Software & Database & API Dev as well as orderly help files, chat bot, email help... Phone sup is good...

For gawd sakes... It's a Multi Billion dollar Brokerage and yet they do not understand the info design cycle nor the importance of hiring anyone that does. IB makes huge coin of course... but that does not forgive the CEO's usability incompetence.

#29     May 7, 2024
  10. Who are you with now... ?

#30     May 7, 2024