IBKR the best imo.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by wxytrader, May 7, 2024.

1. Among other things I find superior such as lower fees, and trading view charts etc...of all the brokers I have been with IBKR is the only one to match my spreadsheet which calculates cost basis on total net income. Every other broker I have been on at the most will calculate based on premium received for the current trade only, and ignore all previous trades. Some do not even do that...some just show the strike price as your avg cost when you get assigned.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  2. d08

d08

No, not even close. Anti-trader risk team. Tech team is decent though.

3. Ok lets forget about the accounting practices, name me one broker that has better charting than IBKR (trading view).

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

The IB desktop/tradingview charts are slow on my admittedly old laptop. Do you need to get a faster laptop to load the charts quicker.

tf6655 likes this.
  5. d08

d08

I don't care about charting much at all.

6. poopy

poopy

lol how difficult is it to calc cost basis? You could use Yahoo data FFS. Clown shoes.

You'll love them when your PM account (sic) auto-liquidates positions when you're at 20% utilization; partially busts arbs, asks for spread width on verts, etc.

schizo and d08 like this.
  7. Can you even use pinescript with it?

P.S.

Schwab charting better, but I still like regular TWS charts.

8. Margin will increase with volatility unless you are new to options you should be aware of this. You can get a list of margin loan to value for certain instruments and they will note that they are subject to change without notice.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  9. d08

d08

They're just churning traders now. There's always another sucker waiting in line. So yeah, let's hike the margins at random times whenever we feel like it, especially if there's any volatility whatsoever because why not. It's not like traders need volatility to make any profit, right?

10. Not sure as I don't really use indicators other than the RSI. There's already a billion indicators out there. Do we really need more custom ones?

#10     May 7, 2024