IBKR outage?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by JamesJ, Nov 30, 2020.

1. vms01

vms01

Status finally updated (before it was "green = no problems")

IMPORTANT: Due to a technical issue clients may be unable to connect through our web, mobile, and desktop trading platforms. We are working to address the issue.

[Mesg Id: 384] 2020/12/07 07:58

#21     Dec 7, 2020
  2. I think their status page is not automatic, and requires a manual intervention to update. So not sure it's useful to check until an hour (or more) after the problem is apparent.

#22     Dec 7, 2020
  3. ValeryN

ValeryN

Was it just data?

From what I see from my logs there was no live / historical data available during whole US Stocks pre-market session till 12/07 15:41:46.066 UTC (1h 11 min after the open).

Some resting orders did get filled 21 and 48 mins after the open (seems like roughly around the time price touched, as expected). So maybe execution was not impacted. Could be just data?

First time this year that my automation got impacted. It will be clear how much after the close.

On a good side - comparing to what other brokerages had this year, this is nothing..

Val

#23     Dec 7, 2020
  4. ValeryN

ValeryN

Today's IB outage lead to my systems making extra 1,659.93$

#24     Dec 7, 2020
  5. To be a bit more precise, you couldn’t log in for most of today. Open orders and automatic triggers like profit taker orders triggered fine. I was able to get in to see what had happened just before the Monday close.

#25     Dec 7, 2020