IBKR Mobile: iOS vs Android

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Gabriel2, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Gabriel2

Gabriel2

Hi Guys,
    Which one do you consider the best IBKR Mobile App (stable, features, speed,etc.)?. Is there any known issues for/against IBKR Mobile in iOS or Android.
    I use IBKR Mobile as a secondary or backup system, but mainly for the authentication app.
    I am renewing my cell phone soon: Apple XS max pro or Note10+.

thank you !!

2. ET180

ET180

The only thing I find annoying with TWSMobile (Android) is the length of time it takes for the options chain to load. And sometimes, it doesn't load, I have to back all the way back to the prior menu, re-enter the ticker, and try again. Meanwhile ThinkorSwim always loads instantly. My guess is that the iOS TWS is a better app because more of IBKR's users likely use it and that's where they likely will put their focus.

Gabriel2 likes this.
  3. kotika

kotika

Using both on a regular basis I would say iOS is slightly better, but not by much - there are still annoying bugs and glitches all the time on both platforms. And lately there are glitches on desktop TWS - something that seldom happened before. It would be nice to be able to bug the developers directly, maybe they should allow it via email/whatsapp, at least for those of us who actually have higher balances and trade actively. IB, do you hear me?

Gabriel2 likes this.
  4. def

def Sponsor

Feel free to PM me.

5. heywally

heywally

Are you going to look at the Samsung S20?

6. Gabriel2

Gabriel2

I am going to watch the Samsung keynote next week(the S20 leaks seem impressive), but I prefer the Note10 and its s-pen.